I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone, and I am trying to connect it to my laptop for file sharing. However, I am unable to connect the phone to the computer.

My PC in Windows 7, and the phone should be Windows 8. I have been able to connect the phone via USB to my roommate's computer, but it's not recognized on my computer. It does charge, but not recognized for data sharing.
    04-19-2015 09:15 PM
    You may have some bad drivers that need to be cleaned out. Unplug the phone from USB.

Try this program: View any installed/connected USB device on your system

You have to right click on the .exe and run as admin. Look over the USB drivers and delete anything that is marked Nokia or Lumia.

Do Not use a USB hub. Try a different port from the one that has failed. Now when you plug the phone in it should load the drivers automatically. Wait for the process to finish.
    You may have some bad drivers that need to be cleaned out. Unplug the phone from USB.

Try this program: View any installed/connected USB device on your system

You have to right click on the .exe and run as admin. Look over the USB drivers and delete anything that is marked Nokia or Lumia.

Do Not use a USB hub. Try a different port from the one that has failed. Now when you plug the phone in it should load the drivers automatically. Wait for the process to finish.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-19-2015 09:33 PM