Hairline crack on 1520 Digitizer. Should I sell or repair it?

bluehash

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had my beloved 1520 for a year or so. Has been flawless, until recently. I noticed a thin hairline crack on the screen, in-spite of having a tempered glass protector.
All of a sudden there are these phantom touches. I have to lock unlock the screen to get it to work correctly. A repair would set me back by $200. Would it be worthwhile to sell it for ~150 and wait for a flagship or have it repaired? I might just by a 635 or 520 for now.

This is an unlocked ATT device. I was really hoping to have win10 on it.
Any suggestions are welcome.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The huge screen of the L1520 consequently gives is a large orthogonal footprint, making it susceptible to warping, twisting, bending and other similar topological deformations. Some users report having the screen cracked just by keeping it in one's jeans pockets.

The causal relationship between the hairline crack and the phantom touches may be established due to their incidence window, but since other users are reporting phantom touches as well this could still be a coincidence.

Nonetheless, it may be worthwhile to sell it - if someone is willing to purchase it given the condition. You may need to disclose the defects of the phone to your potential clients to avoid trouble.

When my L1020 "died" (which is currently still being revived), I got myself an L535 Dual SIM as a temporary phone - I may suggest a similar option for you, but perhaps towards the L635 since the L535 is known for its touch screen issue (and since the L535 is not in your choices).

Let us know what you choose.:cool:

bluehash

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your comments. I am tending towards selling it with disclosing the issue of course. Economically it does not make sense to keep it and repair it.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd recommend repair. It should set you back $150 for the repair but current market says you are going to be getting less than $80 for a cracked screen/bad digitizer phone. Replacing it with a phone with half the power and smaller screen will eventually dissatisfy you and you will be looking at what you have to show. You traded a great phone with an inconvenient problem for a slow low end phone and possibly enough change to eat out for the night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos