mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Love my 1520. Am considering using it naked without a case and only a screen protector. How protected is it if dropped? Anyone dropped a naked one?

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
my L1520 was falling flat on the ground (real tiles) twice. It is still not damaged. I have a nilkin tempered glass screen protector and maybee some luck.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend not dropping a 1520 or any phone really. It's truly is a matter of luck if the screen doesn't break.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
well,
the question included a screen protector. This does not make the phone feel uncomfortable in my pocket. A protection case adds much more bulk. I would also not recommend to drop it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been completed uncovered since I bought it on launch day. I don't take special OCD care of it and it's not had any significant damage at all. There's a few small scuffs on the back and the screen is completely scratch free.

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
So is there any consensus on whether a case raises or lowers the risk of the phantom touch issue? Looking in other threads the opinions seem to be all over the place...

I just got my new 1520 recently and would love to "do things right" from the get-go but not sure how to approach it...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If a case adds torsional rigidity it would help, IMHO, as the issue has pretty well been identified as flex related. Although there are some who swear it is software.

I had some phantom scroll and tap. Sure enough my phone was out of true and the TPU case I had did nothing to prevent that. After carefully straightening the phone my phantom scroll tap went away. YMMV

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/297759-6.htm

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I put a case on mine purely to attach a lanyard. It's so annoying that Nokia did not put a lanyard loop on it like the 1020 - if it had that, then I would not put a case on it at all.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
If a case adds torsional rigidity it would help, IMHO, as the issue has pretty well been identified as flex related. Although there are some who swear it is software.

I had some phantom scroll and tap. Sure enough my phone was out of true and the TPU case I had did nothing to prevent that. After carefully straightening the phone my phantom scroll tap went away. YMMV

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/297759-6.htm

How did you straighten it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How did you straighten it?

By hand.. Slowly and patiently over time. Not too much pressure and not trying to get it done in one twist. I worked on it a bit and then saw it creep back a little, worked on it a bit. The plastic has a sort of "memory" that can be retrained. That's what pocketing the beast does, retrains the shape to fit the curve of your thigh.

I'm amazed at how much the phone had torqued. the difference in elevation between corners when laid face down was almost a cm!!! That took some long pocket time to happen and that's when the phantom scroll tap started up.

It's pretty flush now.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Could never find a case that I liked so no case or screen protector. Much prefer the feel of the phone with out it and it sits better in the car holder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2