Lumia 1520 vs Canon EOS 600D/Rebel T3i

FloMoTion

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

i am thinking about taking either my phone or my dslr on a trip to make steady & moving shots on a monopod. I'd prefer to only take my lumia with me but I wouldnt mind to go with the dslr if the quality was much better. That?s why I want to know how those two devices compare in terms of overall video quality. The sound will be recorded using an external mic.
I will do a test myself before I go (beginning of may) but also want to know what you guys think.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
That's an iffy. Remember, the 1520 can record up to 4k video, which is really crisp. 1080p is great also. You also have the ability for high definition recording with Dolby 5.1, so there's probably no need for an external mic. You can also press and hold the camera button to instantly take 4k videos then later, go to Lumia Moments app and extract an 8mp "still" from that video recording.

Your dslr should have the advantage in image quality, but the 1520 is a nice power house with alot of feature that are relevant to your situation.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would take both. I've a T3i and a 830 and as much as I love the 830's camera, I still prefer using the Canon. Plus I don't want to deplete my phone's battery while taking ton of pictures. For the monopod, I might prefer the 1520 due to its weight

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

i am thinking about taking either my phone or my dslr on a trip to make steady & moving shots on a monopod. I'd prefer to only take my lumia with me but I wouldnt mind to go with the dslr if the quality was much better. That?s why I want to know how those two devices compare in terms of overall video quality. The sound will be recorded using an external mic.
I will do a test myself before I go (beginning of may) but also want to know what you guys think.

I think its a stupid question, no offense..
Any compact shooter is a lot better than any phone camera, you cannot compare a specific purpose device with an all-in one device.
And frankly i cannot understand your dilemma, take my phone or camera, why not both ?
I mean i carry my cell phone as a phone first and foremost, Sure i use my L1520 everyday and it does the job just fine, however when i know im gonna take a few photos i always take my dslr with me ( i have the d5000 ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster