Help please

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My baby dropped my Lumia 1520 and now the speaker is dead (no ring and music at all) also the home and back buttons are always dark (no light at all but they work fine)
Can someone help me? I should open it or not?
Thanks in advance

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure open it up if you are ready and qualified to make the repairs... Got all the tools? Got all the parts?

Maybe try a local repair shop?

IDK what else to respond to this. I don't think just opening it will do much unless it is simply loose connectors. If that is all it is then a shop won't charge much and they know how not to crack your screen during disassembly. I've never opened a phone like this because I'm not equipped... I know a repair shop is.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The daughterboard either has a loose connector (fell flat on it's back) which is unlikely, or the USB port shoved into the board and cracked it (fell on it's bottom side) which is more likely. If the connection is loose then sure open it up, remove the retaining bracket and reconnect it. If it's the board you will need to replace it. This part on ebay is super cheap and sometimes work fine, although you may need to make a spacer to help the clip hold the knock-off's connector in place.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this you can try a local shop or send it out. If your in the US and want a quote PM me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss