Nokia Lumia 1520 suddenly showing "Not for Resale" during boot up

culda1984

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I purchased my Nokia Lumia 1520 from B&H about a month ago, and everything is working well until today. My phone suddenly decided to reboot by itself, and screen with the Windows logo booted twice. The second time has the red "Not for Resale" in the left corner. I checked the IMEI, and it appears to be clean. Is there a bug on my device, or should I be really concerned about the ownership?

culda1984

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you do the trick through Insider to get Update2 ???

My phone came with WP8.1 Cyan, and I updated to Denim through the normal update on the phone.

In addition to everything, the entire boot up process is slower, and I can't download or move apps to the SD card. Would it be better to do a hard reset? This has been a great phone until yesterday.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My phone came with WP8.1 Cyan, and I updated to Denim through the normal update on the phone.
With Insider active and enrolled, the "normal" update will have downloaded GDR2, hence the change to splash screen. That's the only explanation I can think of.

culda1984

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
With Insider active and enrolled, the "normal" update will have downloaded GDR2, hence the change to splash screen. That's the only explanation I can think of.

I don't believe I have Insider. Would the problems occur suddenly? I've had the update for a month now, and the phone had been fine until yesterday. I am tempted to hard reset, but I'm afraid of encountering other problems afterwards.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey, um, guys, he's on Windows Phone 8.1 update 1, not Windows 10. So the problem he's having seems to be a legitimate problem.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey, um, guys, he's on Windows Phone 8.1 update 1, not Windows 10. So the problem he's having seems to be a legitimate problem.

That why I have asked him to post a screenshot, as this is an unique issue. If we can resolve this or learn from it, it will useful for other users also.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone came from B&H with Black... I would expect any BNIB phones to come with Black as that was the way 1520 launched. I assume it is an RM-938 or 1520.3 as it gets called?

When you say you updated the "normal way" does that mean an OTA update sent to the phone or using a Tool like LSRT?

It really sounds to me like the phone installed Win 10 on a delay after the GDR2 trick. How long have YOU had the phone?

If you can post screen shots... On the About... press more info and then block out your IMEI # (easily done in Paint) before uploading the pic. I'd like to see a screen shot of your Settings page...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99