Screen protector

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought a 1520 yesterday and i now i need to choose a screen protector:
what do you use?
I'd like to buy tempered glass but i read that it doesn't fit well with the curved 1520's screen, someone has it?
Is it better than the classic screen protector?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are two types of Tempered Glass protector...

One covers the screen but can not match the curve of the edges and there is a ring around the protector where it is "lifted" off the screen. The ring is about 3mm wide and hard to see unless you are looking for it when the screen is on.

The other type stops short where the curve begins and also has a slimmed down "tail" at the bottom end where part of the bar that makes up the capacitive buttons is left uncovered by the curved corners cut on that end. (Hard to describe.) This protector, IMHO is more noticeable as it does not really cover all the glass, just the lit display portion so you see the difference more when the screen is off.

Here is the longest thread about the issue in the 1520 forum. There are user pics of both types installed and lots of brand discussion.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...creen-protector.html?highlight=tempered+glass

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You did not do anything wrong and it won't go away. That is the flat sheet of glass (protector) not being able to match the curve of the screen. Exactly as I described above.

knightblaze

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I tried a Skinomi one after having used Zagg and others for previous devices.

The skinomi was by far the easiest and most forgiving install I've done. It's a wet install, spray solution on your hands and on the adhesive side of the protector, and it slides around until you have it where you want it. Then use a card to squeeze out the excess. I had a slight misalignment and pulled up the one side and resprayed solution and fixed it. No dust, and it feels good on the fingers.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyway does the tempered glass have a lifetime? I mean, will it fall off in a year or something? I bought 2 just for be sure, dont know if i should sell it or keep just in case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786