Hardware stamina.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I never use naked 1520, mainly because i'm dead scared i will scrach back or corners of phone or break display while puting it out of pocket. My phone live in book case or sometimes in hard case, never naked..would love so but it feel so fragile.

Do you have any experience with droping, bending scraching your device? Can i easly damage it or not? Is caes and screen protectors worth it or just wsting money and nerves?
Thanks!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
A phone that's with you but has a small scratch on it is at least ten times more useful than one stuck on a bookcase.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I use a tempered screen protector and an NGP case. Very thin yet protective. Screen feels naked. Had this phone for half a year, still mint condition. I wouldn't chance such a beauty.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
A phone that's with you but has a small scratch on it is at least ten times more useful than one stuck on a bookcase.

Well i don't mind using it with bookcase, it is like i have my phone and wallet all together. I accualy like them..but yet i am temted by naked, beautifull 1520.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use a Incipio case now. I like my cases to be thin and some lift for the protruding camera. I have dropped my 1520 about 4-5 times and it faired extreme well. Concrete, wooden floors, etc.

That was an older 1520, I bought another one now. Get a case and screen protector. It's worth the money spent to keep your phone pristine for months/years to come.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I use a Incipio case now. I like my cases to be thin and some lift for the protruding camera. I have dropped my 1520 about 4-5 times and it faired extreme well. Concrete, wooden floors, etc.

That was an older 1520, I bought another one now. Get a case and screen protector. It's worth the money spent to keep your phone pristine for months/years to come.

So silicon or rubber thin cases is accualy worth it, i mean they accualy protect phone when falls? Damn, i allways thiught that thin cases do nothing except waste you money.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I use a Nillkin Ultrathin Frosted Anti Skid Back Case, without a screen protector.
Review - Nillkin Ultra Slim Case for the Nokia Lumia1520 | Windows Central
On eBay it is described as a 'Nillkin Frosted Shield Matte Cover Case'
Only one I have found that has a raised ring around the camera lens for protection.
Use the case all the time, dropped the phone on a hardwood floor from about waste high and it survived.

I never carry the phone in my pants pocket unless they are very loose fitting. I never carry it in a jeans pocket. You do realize screen flexing will lead to touch problems with the phone?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I always use rather durable cases on my smartphones, and I recently started using tempered glass screen protectors.

When I had my Lumia 900, I remember playing a funny YouTube video and showing it to my mother. She got excited while watching the video and inadvertently hit my hand, sending my phone across the kitchen and onto the tile floor. It survived without a scratch, since I had it in an Otterbox case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium