Lumia 1520 Battery Problem

Alireza_Tav

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi 🙋

I have a Lumia 1520 which is working for about one year.

recently I have a problem with my battery percentage, for example OS shows that I have 30% battery and suddenly OS warning pops up and says that "Battery critically Low and after one second phone turns off automatically and when I turn it on again OS says that I have 2% or even 1%. What's the problem?!

Thanks for your answer.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
- Fully charge the phone
- Soft reset - Hold volume down & power for 10 seconds until it vibrates (or hold power for 10 seconds until it vibrates) This can be done before charging, as long as you have enough power to restart the phone.
- check Battery Saver for the culprit (what's consuming all your battery, possibly Cortana)

... and get in the habit of rebooting the phone, once a week (works wonders)

nickniko

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Have been there, done all but nothing worked. Batteries have their life-span: I eventually ordered a new OEM battery and swapped it myself. can not be happier.

DerKulp

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Try amazon or amazon marketplace. Some sellers actually have small stocks of original Nokia batteries left. And chances are better you get your money back if you get a lemon.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Yup. I successful replaced my battery with one bought from Amazon or eBay. I took it to a tech shop to put it in, since it takes special tools and expertise to open up the device. Happy. Good luck.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same battery charge/discharge behavior but strangely, on two of my 1520s and started about the same time as updating to a recent W10M build. The update from a few days back didn't fix this so I'm wondering if this is a build issue and if anyone has experienced this? I don't mind swapping new batteries in, but it's awfully suspicious when two phone batteries go at the same time and right after a new build (although that can be the case since these are rather old phones). Anyone else?

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
the new build didnt mess up my battery, still fine, weird.

Hey again bruh. Thanks for the input. I've ordered a couple of batteries just to see if it just happens both batteries went kaput after the updates (high battery usage during update?). It's about time to get new batteries after a while anyway.

UPDATE: thought to try new batteries anyway since the phone is quite old, and no more problems after the swap! Quite strange batteries died in both phones after the same update, but guess it's about time since they were both manufactured just months apart. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077