Pictues not saving

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct topic, but regarding I am using a Lumia 1520...

Anyway; today I made some pictures with my Phone (Lumia 1520, WP8.1, Lumia Denim) using Lumia Camera 5.0. I wanted to view them afterwards and they didn't show up in the photo album. When I went to the Lumia Camera app and then to Album, they were showing but in the top left corner it said "processing" (not sure if this is correct, it was "verwerken" in Dutch). Short: the app got stuck in saving the pictures. They also did not show up in the folder when I connected it to my pc.

I tried to look up on the internet to find a solution but couldn't find one. I did a soft reset on my phone and then these pictures were all gone... But not the .TMP, .TNL, . THM-files. (which are only used for Living Images I believe). After the soft reset the app works fine again and saves the pictures like normal.

Does anyone have ever experienced something like this and maybe does have a solution? Also for getting the pictures back? Maybe by using these file-types that have been saved...

Other issue: The Microsoft Photo Album Tile isn't showing any pictures anymore on the startscreen... Not after reset and not after deleting or resetting the tile.

And a third issue: Where is the default Camera app from Microsoft? Is it replaced by the Lumia Camera app? I couldn't find it anymore (I wanted to try using this app for the saving failure) I can set the Microsoft Camera app as default launch app in camera settings, I just can't seem to find the tile in the menu...

Many thanks!!

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Other issue: The Microsoft Photo Album Tile isn't showing any pictures anymore on the startscreen... Not after reset and not after deleting or resetting the tile.

Okay... Though I did check, I didn't notice the setting was on favourite pictures (which I don't have xD) So that's why they didn't show. Set it to "all pictures" and working again! Sorry :D

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think it was a glitch but if you save your pictures on a SD card it may also be a SD card error.

On your pc you could try to change the .TMP to .jpg and see what happens.
The .TNL is the thumbnail of the image.
The .THM is the live image and before it should be .MP4 so if you "delete" the .THM (rename)you can see the live image "video".
Not sure what you see if you delete . TNL but just try maybe you also need to change it to .ipg

In some phones the Microsoft camera still can be seen in the app list under Camera but in some phones the app is gone but as you said still can be set as default camera. (raar maar waar)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb