Do wireless charging kills battery ?

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought the Nokia DT 900 wireless charger. When I am charging the phone using that , phone is getting heat too much.

I just wonder do any one here use wireless charger on daily basis and found any performance issue in battery. Because I dont want degrade my phone when i have alternatives.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I use wireless charging all the time and not noticed an issue. My tip is to charge little and often when possible which reduces the amount if heat the battery is exposed to. If you are draining it right down then it will get hot and that may reduce the life of the battery to some degree.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It theory it will degrade it. Any heat is bad for your phone. Now, will it affect it so much that it's noticeable? I don't know... If you normally charge and play games, it creates a lot of heat... I find wireless charging more useful than not. I change devices often though, so I don't really mind if it degrades 1-2% extra over 6 months.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you are getting a good spot on the charger pad... If you are too far off the "sweet spot" it can cause heat and slow charge.

Get this App: Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Open it up and place your phone on the DT-900. check the Charge Rate. Move the device around until you find the best spot and take note of it.

I have fins the sweet spot where it charges fast. But still its getting heat.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not too hot when you touch it, I hope. Any charging heats a phone, the faster the charge the greater the heat. I'm guessing your charge rate on Qi is over 25%... Then heat would be normal. Too hot to touch would be a worry. Compare heat and charge rate with factory mains charger.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720