Where can I get a Lumia 1520 Display and Genuine Spare Part?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 1520 Display and Genuine Spare Part

I have 2 queries regarding the Lumia 1520 Display.

a) Any website where I can get the 100% Original Lumia 1520 LCD with complete assembly? Most I see online seem to be OEM copies. Or does anyone have a picture of the Original display front and back so that one could compare it with the display and judge if its an original display or not.

b) Has anyone been able to successfully replace only the digitizer? Actually I have managed to separate the digitizer from the LCD. The screen shows up fine, but without the digitizer I am not able to use touch functions. Does anyone know how to stick the digitizer to the LCD? Also there is a black colored transparent film on the LCD. What is that? As a small piece got pulled out while I was removing the cracked digitizer and in that portion its now white and I can lightly see the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 Display and Genuine Spare Part

I usually get my parts from FlashTech LLC and they seem to work fine on Lumia devices. I cannot guarantee that they are OEM but I couldn't spot a difference between the original and the replacement parts. Good luck.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your prompt response. I checked the Flashtec site and they have one for $149.99.

Most other sites I checked seem to have it around $90 and that is why I am confused as to what difference there is between the various versions available in the market. Preferably I would like to get the Original Display and at one Nokia Care center I was quoted appx $250 with Nokia 1 month warranty.

All suppliers I see online seem to say its Original Display but are there any specific markings which can be seen to confirm whether its Original Display or some 3rd Party Manufactured?

Also is there any way one can fit the digitizer to the LCD, like I mentioned, I have already managed to separate the cracked digitizer from the LCD but somehow not able to stick the two together. I got a brand new digitizer from a seller and he has no clue how to do it either!

Bryon Burns

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Most the cheap panels are OEM displays but not OEM digitizers. They use a liquid adhesive to bond the digitizer, they don't sell it in small quantities that I know of. The black film that came off is the masking and polarizer film. Ideally it's more effective to just buy the whole assembly as most the digitizers aren't that bad. Just with a reputable seller.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Most the cheap panels are OEM displays but not OEM digitizers. They use a liquid adhesive to bond the digitizer, they don't sell it in small quantities that I know of. The black film that came off is the masking and polarizer film. Ideally it's more effective to just buy the whole assembly as most the digitizers aren't that bad. Just with a reputable seller.

Thanks for your response. Let me search around because the price variation is quite high and all claim to be original OEM or even Original Nokia so if any one has successfully replaced and finds the display same as the original (when they purchased the phone) I would love to know the feedback and the supplier from where they got their display.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your response. Let me search around because the price variation is quite high and all claim to be original OEM or even Original Nokia so if any one has successfully replaced and finds the display same as the original (when they purchased the phone) I would love to know the feedback and the supplier from where they got their display.

Here are some links to a bit cheaper price than the $149 for FlashTech LLC - and this seller is actually FlashTech LLC, go figure...
Black LCD Screen Digitizer Full Assembly Frame Replacement for Nokia Lumia 1520 | eBay

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
If the chip on the digitizer is not Synaptics your wasting money. ONLY the Synaptics chip is 100% compatible with cyan and denim. This goes for both the Glass/Digitizer and the full assembly.
Flash Tech has the assemblies with Synaptics chips but you may want to send a note with your order.
NYPC-tech sells the glass/digitizer with the Synaptics. Again send a note letting them know Synaptics is the only acceptable chip.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I am still finding a way to do it. Here is how my phone is separated from the cracked digitizer. Still working LCD but no touch function as there is no digitizer.

lumia_1520_2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium