Lumia 1520 getting terrible reception on T-Mobile

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 (RM-940) and recently switched to T-Mobile but the reception is horrible! Most of the time I'm getting no service at all, if I'm lucky I can get 1 bar. I enabled the 1700mhz band following the guide but that hasn't helped. Is there anything I can do or check to see what the problem is?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
We get very poor indoor reception with our T-Mobile phones, so they sent us a signal booster for no cost. We went from one or two bars to five, and no more dropped calls or poor connections.

If your situation is similar, it's worth asking for one.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile is refarming it's signal to 1900Mhz, so yes 1700Mhz probably did not help you. Signal booster is your friend if your not using wifi calling (why not). You can always go back to AT&T and pay 50% more I guess.:grincry:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the issue is that you switched to T-Mobile??? Their service is still spotty in parts of the country. If you're looking to keep costs down then I'd recommend a MNVO like Cricket. They're owned by Att and uses Att's network. I've been pretty pleased with them. $35 a month for unlimited text/calls and 2.5gb of data. LTE is capped at 8mbs but I can still stream videos in HD even when I'm traveling.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...$35 a month for unlimited text/calls and 2.5gb of data. LTE is capped at 8mbs but I can still stream videos in HD even when I'm traveling...

Straight Talk is battling Cricket's price. Now for $45 a month you get not 3, but 5GB of high speed a month IF you bring your own phone. And of course they have an ATT flavor SIM. Both the wife and I got bumped up just when we were thinking about moving to Cricket.

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ended up switching to straight talk but now im getting problems from them as well :( I got a signal booster from t-mobile it was only able to get 1 bar lol!

​ATT service was fine so in theory i'd think straight talk should be fine too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss