08-08-2015 12:57 AM
68 123
tools
    Used mine with no case, never had a problem with the touch screen and ghost taps.

Had it for a good four months. It actually worked perfectly and it was top notch at everything.... but it was too big so I sold it.
    05-22-2015 08:10 PM
    I've had two 1520s replaced, am on my third - had the device since launch in 2013 - and o think its a beast! The best WP device, all round, by far. That said its a shame this touch issue had been so prevalent. Other devices seem to have varying issues also... The qc needs to be stepped up a gear. And it would be good if a customer service model like apples could be put in place; I'd love to walk into a store and walk out with a replacement. But then there's no store in the UK and all over got is the ineptitude of the geek squad and the cpw.
    Well it almost is like apples. You can Always walk into a Microsoft store and walk out with a replacement! Alot of times the workers there are so nice they'll replace items n stuff for you before even thoroughly checking the issue and whether or not its your fault or out of warranty! Great costumer service... the problem is microsoft stores are far from being everywhere, unlike apple stores.. .
    Last edited by bo_woods; 05-22-2015 at 09:57 PM.
    05-22-2015 08:40 PM
    Carry in front pockets and don't really have any problems with bending/flexing/stressing the phone (dress pants, dockers, or cargo shorts, usually not jeans). If I'm sitting down for a long time, the phone comes out and sits on the desk/counter/dashboard/armrest.

Use an Imak Slim Super Shell Case (a better version of the Incipio Feather case, Major HT to Bacalaohombre here at WC for the recommendation! Very pleased with the case.)

Almost never have screen issues. Once in a while, if I try to scroll with the edge of my fingertip it may register as a tap. Doesn't happen often. Never happens if I scroll with the pad of my finger. But it's a trade off, as the L830 I upgraded from had a different kind of touch issue. The dedicated search button rarely worked and to activate Cortana, I had to hit the app and the mic button. Now I have the choice of a functional search button or Hey Cortana, so I'll tolerate the occasional unintended tap.
    05-22-2015 09:32 PM
    This case is very good as a matter of fact it's excellent.
    It is a hard shell three piece with a rubberized coating and a rubber boot that attaches to the front.
    It is very rigid and I'm sure the phone could take a four foot drop without any issues.
    Completely eliminates accidental taps to any of the side buttons, and helps with the three front soft touch buttons too.

Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Case Cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU3101977
    05-22-2015 10:30 PM
    Could anybody recommend a pouch or case that'll prevent flexing in the front pocket?
    Hoist it by the belt or wear cargo pants.
    05-22-2015 10:31 PM
    I had them until I turned down the sensitivity, turned off glance screen, and applied a basic screen protector. Not sure which one fixed it and I've had it about a month. It works awesome now and it's an excellent device.
    Timbre70 likes this.
    05-23-2015 12:28 AM
    I have the Incipio wireless case for a little rigidity, and of course wireless charging. If I have it in my pocket, it's always face out to prevent the digitizer from bowing out, but rather in to keep it aligned. Most the day when at work (security), I use a horizontal holster by niteize. I had phantom taps on my other 1520 when I placed it face in when in my pocket, and without a case.
    05-23-2015 12:41 AM
    How many of you ARE NOT suffering from "ghost taps"? Do you put your 1520 in your front pocket? Do you wear a case?
    I have L620.
    And yes. My phone suffering Ghost taps more than a year.

About Second question: NA
    Third one : No
    05-23-2015 01:38 AM
    Could you share what pouch it is?
    Thats the one, http://www.tetded.com/home/15752-lar...s-lc-black.jpg
    05-23-2015 02:29 AM
    First I will say my 1520 has never had this issue.

Now,I have a phone I sold off craiglist that I took back and refunded after a few days. I watched it do the phantom touches in his hands and while it was under his hands (not touching). It was factory reset and I have used it since... Not one phantom touch, as it was before I sold it.

He stated it worked fine, he set his phone up how he liked it, hours or a day later it started doing it. But this blows the thing wide open for me. In this case it's a real AT&T screen so it's not the digitizer. The OS is the same so that leaves two possibilities: There is an app causing this or Some people exude more of an electromagnetic field than others and the super sensitive screen can't handle it. What do you think?
    TheBadGuy_88 likes this.
    05-23-2015 10:47 AM
    My first green 1520 suffered from touch issues out-the-box--especially with touch-to-wake turned on--and white spots on the screen later on. Once touch-to-wake had been turned off, the touch issues diminished exponentially, but were there minutely. I had that one for about 9 months. I did a warranty exchange from AT&T and now I don't have any touch issues and white spots. It's been about 6 months and it's smooth sailing. I carry mine in my front pocket at all times, but I also have a protective case on it.
    05-23-2015 11:54 AM
    People mostly reported this issue when they carried this phone in front pocket, so it has something to do with the bending and flexing of screen. Given its size, its quite possible.
    05-23-2015 03:32 PM
    I have seen all (I guess) the issues complained with the L1520.

I have had my screen replaced now few times, and its going in next week again!

First I noticed my screen was maybe half mm higher on the right side, took it in and they said the glue has given away and replaced it. When I got my device back, the vibrator was making crazy noise, so I had to take it in for few more hours to get that replaced.

About 3-4 months later I noticed white spots on the screen. These strange white spots are visible on white backround and look little like light is bleeding through.

I took the phone in and they replaced the screen. Same evening when I picked it up, I see again white spots on the screen and take it in agian the next day. Again a new screen.

After 3-4 months use again I see similar spots have appered again. I didnt take the device in right away and now I have started to get phantom presses of the search button. Sometimes the voice search goes on when pressing camera button and its really annoying.

Oh yeah, and of course I have had the phanton swipe/double tap bug, but with that I can live with. After the last screen change these were less. Im sure this is present in every L1520, people might not just realize it. Also the way you swipe affects it and you can learn to swipe so that it happens less, but still, its not normal.

Now Im buying a L830, so most likely when I get the L1520 fixed again Im selling it.
    05-23-2015 03:36 PM
    I have seen all (I guess) the issues complained with the L1520.

I have had my screen replaced now few times, and its going in next week again!

First I noticed my screen was maybe half mm higher on the right side, took it in and they said the glue has given away and replaced it. When I got my device back, the vibrator was making crazy noise, so I had to take it in for few more hours to get that replaced.

About 3-4 months later I noticed white spots on the screen. These strange white spots are visible on white backround and look little like light is bleeding through.

I took the phone in and they replaced the screen. Same evening when I picked it up, I see again white spots on the screen and take it in agian the next day. Again a new screen.

After 3-4 months use again I see similar spots have appered again. I didnt take the device in right away and now I have started to get phantom presses of the search button. Sometimes the voice search goes on when pressing camera button and its really annoying.

Oh yeah, and of course I have had the phanton swipe/double tap bug, but with that I can live with. After the last screen change these were less. Im sure this is present in every L1520, people might not just realize it. Also the way you swipe affects it and you can learn to swipe so that it happens less, but still, its not normal.

Now Im buying a L830, so most likely when I get the L1520 fixed again Im selling it.
    Were these repairs all during warranty period?
    05-23-2015 05:02 PM
    My 1520 does this very occasionally. The Samsung Note Edge I just bought does it all the time.
    05-23-2015 06:30 PM
    Were these repairs all during warranty period?
    Yes and i hope the next one also is covered by warranty, it should be!
    05-24-2015 04:02 AM
    I've had my 1520 for about a year (since its release in sweden) and just now I've started to have MAJOR issues with ghost taps. Have a Krusell Malm flip-case and Coptershield screen protector on, both since basically day one. I always carry it in my right front pocket, which is big enough for 2 DVD cases. I've barely been able to use my phone the past few days, being forced to use my spare 920. The phone has by itself, called a couple of friends by opening the phone app and tapping one of the numbers, it has also taken pictures and video. Tomorrow I'll send it in on service for the first time, which feels awful and I can't stand the small screen on the 920 xD A good reson though to thoroughly test Windows 10 Mobile since that's what's on my 920 atm.
    05-24-2015 06:00 AM
    I have it. Sometimes it is more frequent than others. When it is really going, it get's pretty darn frustrating. Other times it isn't really a big deal. No, i do not keep my phone in my front pocket unless I am standing up or walking. If I am sitting, well, I wear cargo pants most of the time so my phone goes in my side pocket.
    05-24-2015 05:23 PM
    I had 3, yes THREE with that issue. I gave up and now have a 830. I miss the screen, but I like the 830 better.
    05-24-2015 06:54 PM
    I've had the touch issue like crazy and it's stuck around even after a screen change. It's unacceptable for a phone, let alone a high end one to do this. My previous experience with WP left me burnt too; back with WP7. I had a lumia 900 and obviously they don't go above WP7. Now I'm burnt with the touch isssue. I won a WC contest, won my dad a 930, and it's had nothing but issues; screen failures and random hangs.

In short, the 1520 is one of the least reliable phones I've ever had the misfortune of owning. Battery life is nice, though.
    05-24-2015 10:31 PM
    Had it on my 1520, have it on my icon, have it on my 635, had it on my 920. Just sometimes clicks when you're just scrolling. Annoying, and only ever been an issue on my windows phones. Never had a problem on IOS or android.
    05-25-2015 05:35 AM
    First I will say my 1520 has never had this issue.

Now,I have a phone I sold off craiglist that I took back and refunded after a few days. I watched it do the phantom touches in his hands and while it was under his hands (not touching). It was factory reset and I have used it since... Not one phantom touch, as it was before I sold it.

He stated it worked fine, he set his phone up how he liked it, hours or a day later it started doing it. But this blows the thing wide open for me. In this case it's a real AT&T screen so it's not the digitizer. The OS is the same so that leaves two possibilities: There is an app causing this or Some people exude more of an electromagnetic field than others and the super sensitive screen can't handle it. What do you think?
    As obscure and very much of a non mainstream way of thinking, there Is some truth to this. My sister for instance has trouble with all electronics. They just all go haywire around her. her field and natural body frequency just isn't as compatible with electronics as most people. I don't think that's the main reason for these phantom taps but I think it does affects some peoples experience with electronics and might have been the reason you refunded that 1520. It's also the reason I stopped wearing my Microsoft band. I really noticed it when I had a gshock and the band on opposite wrist, i eventually started feeling blocked, or like i was being restricted. Or limited. Literally a day after i stopped wearing them i felt normal again. I dont think I'm doing wearables again. As much as i love tech. I love my body's EMF field more. I think they should do more testing to see the affects wearables have on this field. If they aren't doing it on purpose
    05-25-2015 09:11 PM
    I've had my Lumia 1520 since July last year. Phantom taps only happen to me when I use the 6tag app which can be an annoyance sometimes but it does not happen too often.
    Regular usage and gaming, phantom taps ain't a problem.
    05-26-2015 08:28 AM
    I had it, then I turned off "double tap to wake." I've been problem free ever since.
    This fixed my touch issue on my 1520.3 Finally! thanks

I want to add that i fix my wifi issues with update 2
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-26-2015 10:57 AM
    I had it.
    Sent to MS for repair in Feb. of this year.
    No problems after return.
    05-26-2015 04:40 PM
68 123