Do any of you NOT have touch issues

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 1520 for about a year (since its release in sweden) and just now I've started to have MAJOR issues with ghost taps. Have a Krusell Malm? flip-case and Coptershield screen protector on, both since basically day one. I always carry it in my right front pocket, which is big enough for 2 DVD cases. I've barely been able to use my phone the past few days, being forced to use my spare 920. The phone has by itself, called a couple of friends by opening the phone app and tapping one of the numbers, it has also taken pictures and video. Tomorrow I'll send it in on service for the first time, which feels awful and I can't stand the small screen on the 920 xD A good reson though to thoroughly test Windows 10 Mobile since that's what's on my 920 atm.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have it. Sometimes it is more frequent than others. When it is really going, it get's pretty darn frustrating. Other times it isn't really a big deal. No, i do not keep my phone in my front pocket unless I am standing up or walking. If I am sitting, well, I wear cargo pants most of the time so my phone goes in my side pocket.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had the touch issue like crazy and it's stuck around even after a screen change. It's unacceptable for a phone, let alone a high end one to do this. My previous experience with WP left me burnt too; back with WP7. I had a lumia 900 and obviously they don't go above WP7. Now I'm burnt with the touch isssue. I won a WC contest, won my dad a 930, and it's had nothing but issues; screen failures and random hangs.

In short, the 1520 is one of the least reliable phones I've ever had the misfortune of owning. Battery life is nice, though.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Had it on my 1520, have it on my icon, have it on my 635, had it on my 920. Just sometimes clicks when you're just scrolling. Annoying, and only ever been an issue on my windows phones. Never had a problem on IOS or android.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
First I will say my 1520 has never had this issue.

Now,I have a phone I sold off craiglist that I took back and refunded after a few days. I watched it do the phantom touches in his hands and while it was under his hands (not touching). It was factory reset and I have used it since... Not one phantom touch, as it was before I sold it.

He stated it worked fine, he set his phone up how he liked it, hours or a day later it started doing it. But this blows the thing wide open for me. In this case it's a real AT&T screen so it's not the digitizer. The OS is the same so that leaves two possibilities: There is an app causing this or Some people exude more of an electromagnetic field than others and the super sensitive screen can't handle it. What do you think?

As obscure and very much of a non mainstream way of thinking, there Is some truth to this. My sister for instance has trouble with all electronics. They just all go haywire around her. her field and natural body frequency just isn't as compatible with electronics as most people. I don't think that's the main reason for these phantom taps but I think it does affects some peoples experience with electronics and might have been the reason you refunded that 1520. It's also the reason I stopped wearing my Microsoft band. I really noticed it when I had a gshock and the band on opposite wrist, i eventually started feeling blocked, or like i was being restricted. Or limited. Literally a day after i stopped wearing them i felt normal again. I dont think I'm doing wearables again. As much as i love tech. I love my body's EMF field more. I think they should do more testing to see the affects wearables have on this field. If they aren't doing it on purpose

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 1520 since July last year. Phantom taps only happen to me when I use the 6tag app which can be an annoyance sometimes but it does not happen too often.
Regular usage and gaming, phantom taps ain't a problem.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have been experiencing lots of Phantom touches over the last month. As i researched it i found a thread here that gave the explanation of the phantom touches for the 1520. If you carry it in your pocket with the LCD screen facing inward then you will have issues with phantom touches. there is a defect in the construction of the Lumia 1520 that when the phone is tweaked by carrying it in your front pocket it will develop this problem. Mine is so bad now that I want to throw it as far as i can now. But I'm holding out for the Win 10 new devices and hopes of another big display device with this problem fixed. Nokia knows what the problem is but is not saying that they know because if they do then they will be on the bubble to replace and recall the device or just take a huge black eye in the market. I love my 1520 but these phantom touches makes it unbearable sometimes and has me wondering if i should venture back until the win 10 devices decided to show up. I'm going to hold out as long as I can.

Just for proof tot he tweaked issue: when you are experiencing this problem hold the phone with both hands with the LCD screen facing you and with your thumbs press into the screen :sweaty::sweaty: in the upper center portion of the phone (Be careful not to do it too hard where you damage your screen or phone) and the phantom touches will go away periodically.

When I first tried it it worked for me and then after it kept happening I got so mad where i did this too hard and now i have a little LCD screen blemish, oh well:crying::crying::crying:

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both have 1520's so far no problems with touch screen, but her's is carried in purse and mine in baggy cargo pants pocket inside a Garmin Pouch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99