Have you been "corrupted" by the 6" display?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Fairly new 1520 owner here. I've lost track, but I think about 3 weeks in. Loving this phone so much. Shame that it was never sold in Canada. Better late than never that I finally got adventurous and bought one.

Has the size of the the Lumia 1520 "corrupted" you?

When I first held the 1520, I was like, "Man! People on wpcentral are correct, IT'S WAY TOO LARGE!". But after a couple hours, I had become comfortable with the size of the 1520. Now after a few weeks, I've been totally corrupted - anything less than the 1520 is just too small. My ATIV S with 4.8" display feels like an iphone 4 to me now - I could never go back to anything smaller.

Up until the 1520 changed me, I always theorized that 5.2" would probably be the perfect sweet spot for a device. Now, I'm left wondering if the upcoming 5.7" Windows 10 device will feel just a little bit small, lol.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I am the same. I thought my Icon was as big as I ever wanted, then when it got beat up too much to be reliable, I couldn't find a replacement one at a reasonable price. Knowing the 1520 had the same internals, I bought one at a good price. I was a bit taken aback by its size at first glance, but now there is no going back. I hope next year or even in the fall we get another device near that size with USB-C and megafast internals, cause I will scoop one up. No less than 5.5" screen for me now!

* Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb. *

Matt174e

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Are you me? I also live in Canada, and have been using an Ativ S before the jump. I love the 1520! It did feel huge the first day, but I've quickly gotten used to it to the point that I don't even see it as big anymore, at least until someone reminds me by pointing it out... "What's that? A small TV?"

Anyway... I get what you mean about the Ativ S. It feels so small now, which I remember seeming huge after using my 4" HTC 8S.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hate to admit ( actuallly NOT ) - everything else seems much smaller now , 5" used to be my fav size and now they feel like "is that all " ?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Not too much. I still think id prefer a 5.3-5.5" device. I have fairly large hands and I love the phone. Sometimes, one hand operating can be dicey. It's kinda big to carry in my pocket at the gym, too. I use my 1020 at the gym to listen to music, instead.

But that screen real-estate is amazing for content consumption.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not really corrupted, I could still go for a 6" phone, long as it doesn't have thick as bezels (compare LG G3 to iPhone 6 Plus). Personally I'd stick with a 4.5", probably 4" as the lowest and 5" max. Reasons to go with a 6" phone will probably include tablet features like multi-window and a wider canvas to show more content.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Up until the 1520 changed me, I always theorized that 5.2" would probably be the perfect sweet spot for a device. Now, I'm left wondering if the upcoming 5.7" Windows 10 device will feel just a little bit small, lol.

Indeed! I do not have a 1520, but I do have a 6" device (Nexus 6). I have indeed been "corrupted"! I don't see how I could go to anything smaller, at least anything significantly smaller. Now when I grab my wife's 5.2" phone I think (or even say out loud lol), "My dear, how can you use such a miniature phone?"

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My wife's a goner. She's badly corrupted with Candy Crush and Sparkle Epic on 6".... Beyond redemption!!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yep, and darn proud to admit. Used the 1520.3 on Straight Talk until I went back to my ICON on Verizon. Love the Verizon service, looking forward to the 5.7" fall bevy of new phones.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It is crazy how you get used to the size of the phone. Sometimes using my wife's 920 feels a little weird. At work, I've been testing out a new Mobile Devices Management (MDM) system, and I've been testing on an iPhone 4, which is ridiculously small. I have a difficult time typing on it at this point..the iPhone 4's screen is almost exactly as tall as the 1520 is wide.

But, there are still times that the phone is bulkier than I'd like in my pocket. But that said, I think I will stick in the 5-6" phone size. I may have a difficult time going back to a sub 5" phone.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
man yes i am totally, i hope they dont reduce the size of the next phone - I know the 5.7 is the popular size

I'd be really surprised if they had a 5.7" (which is already rumored) and a 6" device, at the same time. :/. It wouldn't make sense to have both unless they were totally different in another way.

campyz

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for over a year, and I'm used to the size. Still, I think I will probably go smaller with my next phone, mostly for the pocketability.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 is my favorite device at home, it is not however my daily driver due to it's immense size.
That honor goes to my Lumia 822.
The quality though is still top notch.
I just recently got my uncle a Lumia 640 XL and though it ain't the beast that the Lumia 1520 is.
The 5.7" screen is quite frankly, the sweet spot. It feels really good in the hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs