Replacing 1520 Battery

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was worried about giving my phone to the local repair store in case they put a cheap copy battery in my Lumia 1520.
I bought my battery off Amazon direct from Nokia. I watched a few videos of how to do it and the hardest bit is getting the old battery out. I just put the phone on a radiator for twenty minutes and the battery came out quite easily. Definitely a good idea to use a few credit cards to prise it out.
My battery recharges to a 100% now and works great just like when I first bought the phone.

Can you please post the link where did you did ? I am looking to buy one.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That's the problem. When the phone turns off , it is because off the wrong readings from the battery motherboard/controller. The only solution is to put the old battery controller on the new one.

What do you meant by this ? Do I have to put something from old battery to new battery ?

Right now my mobile getting passed through 88% at very very slow speed. Let's see whether I am able to get 100%
7fb42eb8678495ec59bd05bd3a43f196.png

297698207b2ccd5e6d85c343842b2406.png

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It maybe the batteries that only get to 83% are not genuine Nokia batteries.
Could it perhaps be that a Genuine battery is rated at 3400 mah and the copy batteries are only rated at 3000 mah even tho it's says 3400 on a copy battery. That means your phone still thinks its not fully charged as it can never get to 3400..

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I did a battery replacement for my spare Lumia 1520 recently and had problems of the battery not charging beyond 83%. In fact i have tried 2 different batteries from 2 different sellers on eBay and both batteries behaved the same.

After running "Self Test" with Lumia Phone Test Application those batteries seems to be missing an authentication circuit. In other words most batteries sold on eBay are non-genuine.

non-authentic battery 01.JPG
non-authentic battery 02.JPG

However, when asked most sellers will argue that their batteries are 100% original. I had one seller who argued with me and asked me to show him letter from Nokia proving that the battery is fake. Lol. Well another seller was nicer and offered a refund.

So, I think it is very hard to find an authentic battery for 1520 :-(

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
That app is really neat. Well, I'm in the 83% club. Battery failed authentication, so it's counterfeit. Aggravating since the eBay seller (based in NY, sold a lot of batteries) said "100% AUTHENTIC" all over the listing.

It was $23 shipped. Not the end of the world, but I feel duped. May file a claim just to prove a point. I'm not taking it out and shipping it back though. That wasn't really a picnic (the install).

Siao Tan

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Bought directly from ITSTEK UK website, replace old battery by Nokia Service Centre, same problem, battery can only charged to 83% using original Nokia 1520 charger. The old battery that I had up to the point of replacement was able to charge up to 100%. ITSTEK a no no for me.......

lsguntu

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
It maybe the batteries that only get to 83% are not genuine Nokia batteries.
Could it perhaps be that a Genuine battery is rated at 3400 mah and the copy batteries are only rated at 3000 mah even tho it's says 3400 on a copy battery. That means your phone still thinks its not fully charged as it can never get to 3400..

This I feel is right. May be some where it tells the OS thats its 3400 mah battery. Can we tweak it and make it 3000 mah and then probably see 100% charge ?

sebr

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I also suffer from this 83%-problem now. The battery from ebay looks genuine. Also it does NOT fail the battery test in selftest routine within the Lumia self test application. Maybe we need to initialize the new battery somehow? Any ideas?

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, so perhaps someone here can give me a hand with my issue. I replaced the battery on my 1520 and the phone boots up no problem, however, it will not accept a charge. I've triple checked and all of the connections are back exactly where they should be and everything is nice and snug. It just will not accept power in. Any ideas what the issue could be?

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery will charge to 100%, but it randomly says battery critical and turns off. I turn it back on to see it's still at 60% and works for the rest of the day. It usually happens when in a web browser. :eck:

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
definately related to browsing. Though my battery doesn't last as long as it used to simply due to the age of my device, I can run it down to zero like normal when I'm doing anything else other than browsing. If I am using Edge, it will drain 50% in about a half hour, give me the battery is critically low message and completely shut down. If I'm just listening to podcasts, using an app or talking on the phone, I lose about 5-10% an hour, but Edge just destroys it.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If this is with the most current production build (14393.693), your battery issues might be due to an OS bug. I have two 1520 and only after this current build does the battery life go haywire. It'll charge the last 20-30% extremely fast and the percentage estimate is wacked. It'll say 30% left and the phone would still suddenly shut off (a lot while using Edge and WhatsApp, perhaps higher drain apps). Powering it back on would be fine for a while until a resource intensive app is being used. Have had no battery issues (except mild wear due to age) prior to this build. Hope they fix it up soon...

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup, current build 14393.693. Same battery characteristics. Will look like charging has stopped for a while and then out of the blue show 100%. My issues started about a month or so ago. I had no issues unti this started as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss