How do I store Here maps on to my sd card?

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
i've been downloading the Here maps to what I had thought was my sd card but was in fact my phone's memory. Would I be able to copy or move the maps on to my sd card? The phone's settings>storage sense were all set on sd card except for 'Store news apps' which was set for the phone.

Attachments

• storage_sense.jpg
    storage_sense.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 5

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
It was possible before but not anymore. this is not good for mobile with small internal memory (less than 32GB). What I do not understand is why the android version can do it and not the win mob version. after all it is originally a win mob app. the android version include also speed cam alert.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
until a few month ago the Lumia Storage Check Beta app was able to move maps to SD card. MS simply removed this app, also it was working without problems. Somehow it feels like they want me to move to android. Richard is right, on android you can move maps to SD card.

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
The lumia storage check beta was a quite good app with also a nice visual. this is definitely an important issue not to be able to move map on SD card. I have given my 1320 to my wife when I bought the 1520 and I have only installed the UK map. when we went to Portugal I have install the Portugal map but when we came back I have to uninstall to free the memory (only 8gb internal) and she only got 2.2gb left + the xternal SD card. I have tried different way to see If I can move the map on SD card, but every time I did it the map was not recognized ?!?! typically windows life issue because this remember me the compatibility or other issue I could have with my laptop, obviously not quite the same (bluetooh connection, widi compatibility, connection between my laptop and my windows mobile => this is a good one lol :(, etc;....)
unfortunately I am not expected any progress on the map issue by tomorrow because the issue has been kindly highlighted now for few months and nothing has happened.
To be a little be more positive now, Did you tried here map on your Laptop and PC?, quite interesting because you can see all your favorite.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft has put their effort into the universal Maps app while what is left of Nokia is developing Here apps. Maybe you guys should send Nokia some feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077