Weather app live tile battery drain, how can I fix it?

mahmoudsalah93

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Weather app live tile battery drain

My lumia 1520 recently started overheating quite often and battery used to drain at about 9 percent an hour with light use , i thought it was battery aging at first but i tried and removed the weather live tile and the phone went back to normal and battery life is now great 2-3 percent an hour. was just wondering has anyone faced similar issues?

mahmoudsalah93

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Weather app live tile battery drain

overall discharge through the battery saver but the weather app was <1% , i simply removed the tile just trying out ,lucky pick. i waited for a couple of days and so far the phone's battery life's got significantly better as it used to be. I haven't changed anything elsa just to be sure.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Would you mine sharing which weather app we are discussing? I am an Accuweather user from my android days and that one has yet to give me trouble.

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed that the MSN Weather app started using a fair bit more power than it used to on my 920. I had to remove it unfortunately. The MSN News app now seems to have the same issue, but I've just turned off live tiles and background permissions.

Shame because I like both of them, but considering they were using more background battery than whatsapp all of a sudden.

mahmoudsalah93

May 9, 2015
Visit site

yeah i really like the msn weather live tile , i might try to pin it back and see if the battery drain is back also.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Battery drain is likely due to some kind of update loop. Will the app let you change frequency of weather updates?

mahmoudsalah93

May 9, 2015
Visit site

i thought there was a setting. It only has a toggle for working in the background or not , nothing to change frequency.

Carioca Porto

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I notice the same problem recently with the battery draining fast. These MSN application were updated on June 10th in my phone. I removed the weather from live tile and will see if it will solve the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel