Navigation With Routing

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Is there a app for windows phone which has real time route routing like google apps and also tell the fastest route .

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've used Garmin, Here Drive, and Copilot. Copilot is definitely the best on WP so far. Here has the nicest interface, but lacks features and occasionally seems to steer me wrong out here in the Chicago suburbs.

Copilot had some interface quirks (like when you're typing and trying to reposition the cursor you can't really see it)... but the directions are solid, the traffic works pretty well, it can choose from multiple routes, and the interface is decent.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So far I like it. There's a learning curve as the interface is different and takes a bit to adjust to from a Waze perspective but I like it. I initially wasnt getting spoken street names but I figured that out quickly.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
So far copilot is best, but has A bad habit of losing the GPS fix and won't regain it. The voice navigation in the new windows 10 maps seems like it may be on par with copilot without the location issues. Still testing it, but the routings are far more useful.

kwickone

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Does the voice still work in your Waze app? For me Waze no longer tells me anything...the voice simply stopped working. It WAS the best for nav on WP, but no voice = no use.

If you found a way to get the voice to work again, I would love to hear how....

kwickone

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Looks like MapQuest app is highly rated (4.5 stars) and claims to have traffic based routing. I will check that one out.

UPDATE: looks ok, but cannot be set as the default Nav app in Map Settings, so would need to launch manually. That is a no go for me.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Does the voice still work in your Waze app? For me Waze no longer tells me anything...the voice simply stopped working. It WAS the best for nav on WP, but no voice = no use.

If you found a way to get the voice to work again, I would love to hear how....

Same problem here. I love Waze, but if it isn't going to talk anymore, it is pretty much worthless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos