Video recording has intermittent skips on Nokia 1520.3 Samsung 64 gig Class 10

timamann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Al,
So rolling back worked? I've got try that. Al, I've not rolled back before. What is the process? Can you point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Tim.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Al,
So rolling back worked? I've got try that. Al, I've not rolled back before. What is the process? Can you point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Tim.
Tim I did roll back and then upgraded to 8.1 and the camera worked again. I did not get the GGRD update as that's where I think the problem began.

Since the latest windows 10 I decided to upgrade again and this time I have the latest updates and my camera works fine.

So I upgraded to 1066 without restoring any old backup. Then I reset from the phone again and everything is fine.

You can get the "LUMIA SOFTWARE RECOVERY TOOL" recovery tool here: Just follow the instructions on the screen. It's pretty simple.

How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

timamann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Al. Thanks so much! I did roll back to 8.1 but then I did take the GGRD update 1, thinking update 2 was the problem. Guess what. the video skip came back. So I will roll back to 8.1. This is my wife's phone, so she is not on the insiders preview for windows 10. I will see if we can sit there at 8.1 until Windows 10 is released for 1520 ATT. I know that could be years, but they do promise to move that out pretty quickly right? One can hope!

thanks Al!
Tim

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried it out again today as I'm on the latest Windows 10 preview mow and all is well. As a matter of fact I shot this in 4k and encoded it in 1080p.
I think 4k is great but if you don't have a 4k screen you won't see much difference. Just the same as the 1520 doesn't have enough resolution to display 4k either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb