Why does my phone turn off even if I still have battery at 50?

Brendo Restauro

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Auto off even i still have battery 50% up.

Hi I have this issue regarding my Lumia 1520. I already notice for a week that even my phone shows 50% up of battery life it just suddenly shut off after it shows Battery Critically Low. I already doe using Microsoft recovery tool but still not able to solve. I try also do hard reset but still didnt help resolved the issue.

Please help me and thank you so much for your help.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I think it's because you don't really have 50% left, the indicator doesn't know what it's talking about. I have the same problem even when it says it has 80% left. Sometimes if you give it a quick charge it will last another hour or two though, so it's a bit weird. I'm at the point now where I don't even get the battery critical message any more, it just turns off. I'm shopping around for battery replacement service, so far all I've found is $89 for labor but have to get the battery myself.

Robert P Cheewaphan

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my 1520.
It usually happens when I use it for at least 5 minutes (AT LEAST) without charging cable plugged in.
And I'm sure it's not because the battery indicator showed false number more than it had.

When this happened to me, I tried to turn it on again and again.
Everytime I did that, my 1520's battery drastically drained like 10-40% each time and kept shutting itseft.
And for some reason, it stoped shutting and left me 4% battery.
So I had no choice but to turn it off. : (

After 1-2 hours passed, I turned it on again.
In that moment my 1520's back to normal and lossed like 5-6% battery because I tried to turn it on so many times (76% left).
And I kept using it for at least one and a half day without any charging.

So if it happens again, I'm gonna do nothing with my phone.
Just leave it for a while, then turn it on.
This is how I solve this problem if I don't have a charger.
(This problem never happens while I use my 1520 when it's charging.)

I don't know to fix it. And hope on day it gonna be fixed.
Sorry for my bad English.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would suggest when you experience this issue that you do a sift reset. Power button and volume down until you hear a vibrate. That will generally fix this issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077