[L1520] Broken...I'm very upset!

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Long story short, never had even droped my 1520 and even use hard cases to not bend it and protect it..and half an hour ago i was in town with friend and we were sitting and i tried to unlock phone and nothing. Only top side of screen work. I soft reset it and kinda notices something under screen protector..a kinda crack. No display but under it. Under and top of the phone. I don't want to talk how i felt. Main problem is how do i unlock the phone (pin) and accualy call someone or even hard reset to send it to some repair or just to see how much would be cost and is it worth it. Now i don't have phone and all my personal and busisnes things hide unded unresponsible touch.
What broke? Lcd? Display? Digitizer? How much that cost? How to ,,glich" unlocking phone?
Ps. It's 4:30am i'm kinda calmed.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry this has happened. :cry:

I didn't quite understand what you meant. Is there enough of a display for you to be able to do the button initiated hard reset?

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Dang man. That sucks. Something like this would get anyone done dude.

If you want to attempt it, it's not hard to replace the screen assembly yourself (I would recommend swapping from a parts device vs. buying a cheap third party part). No need to worry about security issues. I don't think you can wipe from Lumia recovery tool if it's pin locked but I'm not 100% sure. If you have to bring it in for repairs, can you just remove the SD card and "lock" it via the web find my phone function? I feel like there's a remote wipe feature but I've used too many systems I'm always confused now.

Dang man. Hope you figure it out.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Alright, after contacting some repair shops they told me repair will cost around 170e (200$) ..and that's just..well..crazy.
After some thinking and grabing my father's 630 i decided to save that 200$ and get new 640xl or better 830. Found some mint conditions for that prize and then i save money (couple of months) for 1520 repair, then try to sell it for around 380e (that's how prize go in my place).
Now, i need forum advice.
I'm sick of 1520 to be honest. I have never been so carfeul about even using it. I spent small fortune on protectors, cases, wallet cases just to keep it from harming and breaking..and then all of suden it breaks. I want phone so i can use it without cases and not lose sleep if i drop it or break screen or something else. I found out that lcd+display and touch for 830 and repair costs 50e and brand new cost like my 1520 display. So wich one is better pick, 830 or 640/640xl ? Will they break so easily? Do they ,,overheat''? Do they bend when i wear them in my pocket, what about performanse, camera and hardware itself, is repair realitivy cheap..and all other things that can cross on your mind.
Keep in mind, i do use camera a lot. Battery just need to last 24h on medium/heavy usage, and display sharpness is big plus.

..and other help is preety much wanted.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
My perspective (someone who has repaired them) of these phones:

The 640XL is basically the updated 1320. Of the three (1520, 640xl, 830) it has the least fragile glass/digitizer arrangement. The thicker back cover over the 1320 makes it a sturdier device.

The 830 is built along the 925, 929, 930 scheme and in general should be very sturdy.

I personally use a BLU WinHD for work as it is the toughest phone I have ever come across.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
BLU is not an option, there is no such phone on my market. 640xl is in same range as 830 but afterall i do like 830 ,,premium"ish desing..also if it break, repair is cheap. 640xl is more like 630 on grown hormone and i do not like it..also there is no currently avaible here.
I just used and talk with a friend who have 830 and after couple of drops, only alu frame is dented. That's all. He does not heat, but after 1520 everything is rather unworthy. For me, atleast.
Also, i want to try smaller phone, 640xl is more like 1520 and i already have that..so why getting another ,,phablet"?
I think i will go with 830, then save money for repair and when win10 come on i will boot up my 1520 (if i repair it by then).

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you're the screen protector type, you might want to consider the 640XL. I have the 1320 as well and it looks like they both have completely flat screens. It's cheap to get a tampered glass protector and those will fit perfectly on top of the flat glass (it feels a lot like the original glass too while providing protection). The 1520, 830, 930 etc. I think have curved (2.5D) edges around the screen, making screen protectors difficult to stick on (and look nice). 640XL is also a phablet like you said, and the cameras (although not PureView) are pretty good.. 5MP FF.

I also have the BLU Win HD phone and can't say the build is very good. The plastic chassis scares me when I have it in any pocket, worried it'll bend. The screen is also not Gorilla Glass. The volume button is already getting stuck and your choices of cases and screen protectors are very very limited. Perhaps ScrubbyXD means the newer BLU Win HD LTE which I don't have any experiences.

Lastly, keep an eye out on the auction bay... lots of parts devices you can just swap the screen over for cheap. Good luck Marko.

Alright, after contacting some repair shops they told me repair will cost around 170e (200$) ..and that's just..well..crazy.
After some thinking and grabing my father's 630 i decided to save that 200$ and get new 640xl or better 830. Found some mint conditions for that prize and then i save money (couple of months) for 1520 repair, then try to sell it for around 380e (that's how prize go in my place).
Now, i need forum advice.
I'm sick of 1520 to be honest. I have never been so carfeul about even using it. I spent small fortune on protectors, cases, wallet cases just to keep it from harming and breaking..and then all of suden it breaks. I want phone so i can use it without cases and not lose sleep if i drop it or break screen or something else. I found out that lcd+display and touch for 830 and repair costs 50e and brand new cost like my 1520 display. So wich one is better pick, 830 or 640/640xl ? Will they break so easily? Do they ,,overheat''? Do they bend when i wear them in my pocket, what about performanse, camera and hardware itself, is repair realitivy cheap..and all other things that can cross on your mind.
Keep in mind, i do use camera a lot. Battery just need to last 24h on medium/heavy usage, and display sharpness is big plus.

..and other help is preety much wanted.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I also have the BLU Win HD phone and can't say the build is very good. The plastic chassis scares me when I have it in any pocket, worried it'll bend. The screen is also not Gorilla Glass. The volume button is already getting stuck and your choices of cases and screen protectors are very very limited. Perhaps ScrubbyXD means the newer BLU Win HD LTE which I don't have any experiences.

Nope, I have the same one you have. Don't let the plastic scare you I have dropped it from a moving motorcycle at 70MPH and all it did was dump the battery and scratch a corner some. I have no idea what the glass is made of but it has survived a direct hit from a bottle rocket. Being a BLU phone there are not a large selection of custom covers and screen protectors. I am still using the accessories that came with it. I did have one issue with the power button getting misaligned after a frieght pallet fell on it. I used a #0 Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screws and put it back in place then reassembled it.

Tough phone. Did you get the model without Chuck Norris DNA?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I have the same one you have. Don't let the plastic scare you I have dropped it from a moving motorcycle at 70MPH and all it did was dump the battery and scratch a corner some. I have no idea what the glass is made of but it has survived a direct hit from a bottle rocket. Being a BLU phone there are not a large selection of custom covers and screen protectors. I am still using the accessories that came with it. I did have one issue with the power button getting misaligned after a frieght pallet fell on it. I used a #0 Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screws and put it back in place then reassembled it.

Tough phone. Did you get the model without Chuck Norris DNA?

All I know is I'm not riding motorcycles or hanging around warehouses with Scrubby. It's just too dangerous.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like they may be working at the BluWin HD test facility and track. Solid product.

To the OP, I could never deal with any phone bigger than 5". I keep my 920 naked for the most part since it feels like its bending when even the slimmest case is put on and placed in a front jeans pocket when riding a bike or atv or sitting in the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon