1520 is a beast

jdooms

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a previous 1520 a year ago and had some issues and ultimately ended up selling it and going back to an iPhone, 6+ to be exact. I had some issues with the 6+, but for the most part it was fine until it went haywire like my 1520 did. The screen was flickering and going nuts. So, I got it replaced by AT&T with a Note 4.

The Note 4 was a good, but as each day went by it got slower and slower. Many trips to the Samsung guys at Best Buy and i couldn't get the issues fixed. I ended up buying a used, in mint condition, 1520 a few days ago.

I just don't understand how many others don't want to build a phone so bad *** as the 1520. I've had no issues and the phone is so much faster than all the others. The keyboard is 10x better. The camera is sick. I have all of the apps that I need other than snap chat, which lets be honest, I don't have to have that.

My point is that Microsoft is close to having the best phones and software. They could take over everyone. I think so anyhow. I live the phone and the software. I hope this stays.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The 1520 is certainly the best Windows Phone ever released. If Microsoft had seriously marketed the hell out of it and pushed it into more stores I think it could've been a much larger success than it was. Either way, here's hoping Cityman lives up to it's predecessor's legend.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely loved my 1520. The only gripe I had was the size was too big for work. It's kind of hard to do construction and move around with that big guy in your pocket hahaha.

jdooms

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm just so impressed and the build, feel, speed, and quality of this phone.

I'll tell you that the s pen on the note is really nice to have. I don't understand why they don't build a "surface phone" with the success of the surface pro 3. A 5.7" windows phone with a pen. OneNote could be crazy good with a pen. Then with all of the rumored things with windows 10 and getting all of the programs to work within itself and OneDrive getting better and more popular, I see a huge success for Microsoft.

I like the apple products because they are fluid with themselves and their software. Microsoft makes the software everyone wants and needs on a daily basis. Get the phone and I don't see why every household and business wouldn't have surface tablets docked to large screens, windows phones, and have the ability to being their desktop\tablet to take with them for serious work on the move.

The media is blowing up on microsoft and I think they are the next big thing.

Anyhow... My thoughts and I can't wait for everything to get right with Microsoft and their hardware. I can't wait for the next flagship. Just hoping they take some notes from this bad boy 1520.

InspectHerGadget

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I have had the 1520 for about 14 months and I love it. I did have one major breakdown in April so it got sent off to Microsoft and fixed. They replaced just about everything including the battery and sent it back in about a week. I was both disappointed and pleased as you could imagine.

The phone is unobtainable here in Australia, it has to be imported via flea bay from HK.

I think Microsoft have a real issue with carriers whereby the big players successfully squeeze them out leaving them to scramble for the crumbs on the sidelines.

I think it is past due for a Samsung Note type Phone from Microsoft with a pen. I'm still unsure whether the next few years is the beginning of a new and successful chapter for Microsoft or the last kick of a dying mule.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was holding the 1520 and it is funny that now that I am using an iPhone 6 for a week the 1520 I had for nearly two years feels so foreign and big to me now. It's still the best there is though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk