1520 Dead ?

smunro622

May 30, 2015
Visit site
my lumia 1520 wasnt acting right after windows 10 upgrade, reset back to factory still didnt resolve it.
I downloaded lumia recovery tool and down loaded the latest 8.1 software hit next and the phone rebooted and never came back.
I get no power light or or any hit of life. I have tired holding down power button with the volume down and nothing.

Suggestions or is it a brick?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1530 Dead ?

my lumia 1520 wasnt acting right after windows 10 upgrade, reset back to factory still didnt resolve it.
I downloaded lumia recovery tool and down loaded the latest 8.1 software hit next and the phone rebooted and never came back.
I get no power light or or any hit of life. I have tired holding down power button with the volume down and nothing.

Suggestions or is it a brick?

Have you tried leaving it on the charger for a bit? Could be a dead battery.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I resurrected my friends 1520 yesterday, we now call it Lazurus.

We will be talking about it on our Tech Informist Podcast tomorrow, and I would be willing to take a look at it for you if you'd like.

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Had the same exact issue, after updating to WP10 preview (Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10149.0) i tried to flash with WP8.1 using the MS tool.
Everything seemed to be working fine, until the phone restarted ( battery was fully charged ), it never woke up again.
Tried all key combinations for resetting, hard reset etc nothing worked.
Took the device to a nokia care point since it was 5 months old and still in warranty.
It's almost 2 weeks now and still i have no news or updates on the case.
Today i logged in MS account and i checked the warranty status, it shows "Without Warranty" , which is troubling since in the EU we have 2 years of warranty , and the track the device service shows "sent back" . I will contact the nokia care point within the day for more details, and ill post an update here regarding my case.

PS: as far as i can tell, installing the preview voids the warranty and since they can check the device ΙΜΕΙ they can see that it had ver 10 installed thus voiding the warranty. I hope its not that case.. but i'm prepared for the worst.

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Got my 1520 yesterday from the local nokia care shop. Took almost 3 weeks ( as it has to be sent abroad - i live in greece ).
They change the board, without any charge :) as it is in warranty.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo