On Win 10 TP? Cortana opening every 3 seconds?

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Updated my 1520 to the latest TP. Full format post update, etc. Got everything up and running.

Cortana. My goodness. It opened every few seconds. I got to the point that I hated using the phone at all because Cortana would just launch, interrupting anything I was doing. Almost went back to 8.1 until I remembered to check the screen sensitivity settings. Yep. Win10 sets it to high for some reason. Changed to normal and it's helped tremendously.

Go to settings and Extras. You will find an old 8.1 menu there. Change in "touch."

Sorry if this was obvious but I had to do something. I was about to throw this phone across the room. Now if they would let us disable the search button all together or require a ~3 second press and hold to launch Cortana. Until then, for the love of god set sensitivity to normal to keep Cortana at bay.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You are not alone my Friend. The only solution for my 1520 is to remove the protective Case. This only started happening with Wm10 Preview. I cannot wait for the real deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky