Protective cases for the 1520

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've really been digging my snap-on case. I have crystal clear, but I think that's out of production/out of stock. Lots of colors. If you look you can also find rubberized. http://www.amazon.com/CoverON®-Noki...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3168426

Pros:
Snaps on and holds secure
Good Grip
Button cut-outs are very pronounced and help you find buttons by touch alone
Holds very well in my car cradle
Rigid, unlike TPU, so it helps combat flex from pocketing
Custom and perfect fit - BONUS: fit the case and use it as a guide when installing your screen protector it's that good a frame on the screen

I love my clear one. I had a clear TPU and it discolored. This one seems to be made of acrylic(?) and it has stayed clear. It's tough and protects my beast, but it also shows off that huge yellow body.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Currently on a leave from work but when I go back I think I'll look at those snap on cases. Going to need something more rigid than the Tudia, I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've really been digging my snap-on case. I have crystal clear, but I think that's out of production/out of stock. Lots of colors. If you look you can also find rubberized. http://www.amazon.com/CoverON®-Noki...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3168566

Pros:
Snaps on and holds secure
Good Grip
Button cut-outs are very pronounced and help you find buttons by touch alone
Holds very well in my car cradle
Rigid, unlike TPU, so it helps combat flex from pocketing
Custom and perfect fit - BONUS: fit the case and use it as a guide when installing your screen protector it's that good a frame on the screen

I love my clear one. I had a clear TPU and it discolored. This one seems to be made of acrylic(?) and it has stayed clear. It's tough and protects my beast, but it also shows off that huge yellow body.

Speaking of screen protectors, are there decent ones out there? I had problems with some peeling off.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I use a Tempered Glass protector. It can't curve to match the screen so there is a little "edge" visible, but hardly noticeable - especially when the screen is lit.

USA Nokia Lumia 1520 Bandit Premium Tempered Glass LCD Screen Protector Guard | eBay
Thank you for that! I love tempered glass protectors but they were a complete fail on my 930. Now that I look closely,though, the 1520's screen is nowhere near as curved as the 930. I've sorely missed the tempered glass. Will be ordering.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Thank you for that! I love tempered glass protectors but they were a complete fail on my 930. Now that I look closely,though, the 1520's screen is nowhere near as curved as the 930. I've sorely missed the tempered glass. Will be ordering.
Don't expect s totally flat-like experience. You will still have a halo around the perimeter.

ronr9286t

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've always liked cases that include a flip-cover for the screen and convert to a stand for reading. I got the Belkin cased when I first got a 1520, and recently picked up a second one on e-bay as a standby, as the original is getting a bit frayed.

This case adds very little thickness, and the clip that holds the cover shut protects the power button. All of the other buttons are easy to reach through cutouts.

Ron

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've always liked cases that include a flip-cover for the screen and convert to a stand for reading. I got the Belkin cased when I first got a 1520, and recently picked up a second one on e-bay as a standby, as the original is getting a bit frayed.

This case adds very little thickness, and the clip that holds the cover shut protects the power button. All of the other buttons are easy to reach through cutouts.

Ron
Think I'll get the flip cover for work.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I like the Belkin cover, myself.. But I found that it was too thick for my taste. The Nokia CP-623 was my compromise. It doesn't offer as much protection as the Belkin but it does allow me to easily slip my 1520 in-and-out of the case. This was important to me since I use a ProClips USA car mount to hold my phone while driving.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Off topic but..

You have a 1520 now, and love it more than the 930?

Not trying to be all in your business, but Just curious :D

The 930 was the best phone I ever used. Was planning on using it through next spring. The thing I found myself yearning for was the big screen of the 1520. I was right and now I am a convert to the large screen phone. That was the only reason I sold my 930. When 940/950XL has been on the market for awhile and price drops, you can be sure I will be picking one up.
There was not one thing I disliked about the 930, just had to have that larger screen.
Wish I was independently wealthy and could keep both the 930 & 1520. Not the case and since I have a work phone as an extra, really couldn't justify keeping both.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The 930 was the best phone I ever used. Was planning on using it through next spring. The thing I found myself yearning for was the big screen of the 1520. I was right and now I am a convert to the large screen phone. That was the only reason I sold my 930. When 940/950XL has been on the market for awhile and price drops, you can be sure I will be picking one up.
There was not one thing I disliked about the 930, just had to have that larger screen.
Wish I was independently wealthy and could keep both the 930 & 1520. Not the case and since I have a work phone as an extra, really could justify keeping both.

Your enthusiasm for the 1520 is almost, almost but not quite, making we want to try to find one of those to test drive. Of course, I've only had the 930 about 3 days, but I did have one for about 6 months before.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Your enthusiasm for the 1520 is almost, almost but not quite, making we want to try to find one of those to test drive. Of course, I've only had the 930 about 3 days, but I did have one for about 6 months before.

The Acid Test for me will be how I'm able to handle it at work. I posted as OP in another thread of taking my daughter's Nexus 6 to work and how I found it awkward to use because of the size. I'm an admitted hypocrite and now think I can surely adapt. Currently away from work on a leave. I am a complete convert to the screen size though, so will figure something out.

Last edited:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Wish I was independently wealthy and could keep both the 930 & 1520. Not the case and since I have a work phone as an extra, really could justify keeping both.

I'm very curious as to which design you like better? Haha

The Metal frame w Poly Back on the 930 or the unibody Poly on the 1520?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12