What will make the GPS on my phone to mess up? I have a Nokia Lumia 1520.(please read details)

charltonraven

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have recently did a screen replacement on my 1520, now every time I use my GPS the locations is off by a couple of miles and when I try to just ignore it and drive in the car. It will not move, my speed don't update, etc. During the installation, I think I could have damage one of the Coaxial Cable (Gray or Black). Would this have anything to do with it?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, it's most likely that the GPS antenna itself was moved or disturbed rather than that one of the cables is damaged - a damaged cable will simply not make the GPS antenna work. Unless further testing is done, we can't be certain if indeed the GPS is no longer working and that the phone is now merely using cellular site triangulation to determine your location (which is clearly less accurate).

Download the Hardware Tests app and check if your GPS is functional - the app should tell you if it can't get a GPS signal, whereas if it can't get an accurate reading (accuracy of less than 5 meters) under a clear blue sky then most likely the GPS is busted.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
What is the units of 3555? meters? feet? Also, what was the indicated "Source"?

If the "Source" says anything else aside from "Satellite" even if you're outdoors, then the GPS antenna is no longer working. If it says "Satellite" but the accuracy is above 20m, then the GPS antenna is working but it simply isn't getting enough signals from the satellites.

Not sure if you can buy anything to remedy the issue, but in both of the cases in the previous paragraph, taking your phone to a service center and providing your diagnostic results to them should let them determine the issue more quickly.

charltonraven

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The units are in Meters and the Position source is Cellular. Could you point me in the right direction for Service Stations in South Carolina or North Carolina?? And Thanks Again !

Farhan Mammassan

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I had same problem after repairing phone,
I could fix it.
Turn on flight mode and turn on wifi connect to internet , open hardware tests , if it doesn't work open here map and do calibration for sometime ( don't use here driver for checking)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The units are in Meters and the Position source is Cellular. Could you point me in the right direction for Service Stations in South Carolina or North Carolina?? And Thanks Again !

Just to be sure - were you outside when it said that the position source is "cellular"? If yes, then the GPS antenna is definitely busted and needs a service center. But I don't live near South or North Carolina. Let's hope other users nearby can provide us with directions. In the meantime, you may also try searching for them through the net. A quick 10-second search in Bing brought me many results, but since I'm not from North or South Carolina I can't verify if the addresses are legit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3