Anyone have a good source for a 1520 battery? I've tried a few places, they all say 3-4 weeks for delivery, I guess they must be ordering them from China. One place said they had one but then decided it was defective. There has to be a 1520 battery somewhere in the US.
    08-04-2015 07:03 PM
    I'd watch sites like eBay.

When I was looking for a battery for my 920, they were all over in HK or China, but a handful were in the US, and I sprung for those. I don't have any definitive source though - not like there's a usedpdaparts.com for modern smartphones these days.
    jsooney likes this.
    08-04-2015 07:14 PM
    I just checked etradesupply, and they have, but they are $35. Also, they are in the HK warehouse, as opposed to the US, so you are going to pay more for shipping and wait longer.
    jsooney likes this.
    08-05-2015 11:59 AM
    I just checked etradesupply, and they have, but they are $35. Also, they are in the HK warehouse, as opposed to the US, so you are going to pay more for shipping and wait longer.
    Thanks, I did come across them but as you say they only have it in HK. I was hoping to find one somewhere closer.
    08-05-2015 08:23 PM
    I'd watch sites like eBay.

When I was looking for a battery for my 920, they were all over in HK or China, but a handful were in the US, and I sprung for those. I don't have any definitive source though - not like there's a usedpdaparts.com for modern smartphones these days.
    Thanks. I don't have an eBay account though as I hear too many horror stories. I don't know why these things are so hard to find. All the local repair shops act like you trying to buy a pound of weed or something.
    08-05-2015 08:26 PM
    Thanks. I don't have an eBay account though as I hear too many horror stories. I don't know why these things are so hard to find. All the local repair shops act like you trying to buy a pound of weed or something.
    I wouldn't really go local unless it was a very popular phone like an S III or 5s. Lumia's aren't quite the most popular, so demand for parts isn't so high, relatively.

I think it'll be hard to really be scammed for something relatively lowkey such as a battery. Especially one for a less popular phone, in the grand scheme of things.

But yea the big ticket things, I started selling a Pro 2 and I got a scammer a day later, first listing, first offer.
    08-05-2015 10:04 PM
    There is almost no way to get scammed as a buyer on ebay. There are 1,000 ways to scam a seller. I know about half of them first hand by being victimized.

It is pretty silly to not have an ebay account because you hear bad things. Ebay loves buyers, and hates sellers. If you think you are getting scammed, PM me and I will tell you how to get your money back (as long as it's not one of my listings!).

As a seller, it's all about minimizing your risk. Feel free to PM me on questions for that too.
    08-05-2015 10:20 PM
    Well I don't have an account and I don't really want to get one just for this. I don't know anyone with an account that hasn't had problems with buyers, with one friend even having to get a lawyer involved. Another problem is that eBay is blocked at work which is where I do most of my browsing (yes I know). Maybe I'll get my brother to buy me one seeing as he has an account.
    08-07-2015 05:27 PM