I think I sort of fixed the phantom touch issue with my 1520

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Its known to be a hardware issue, so I figured it might be something loose behind the screen. I found that every time the issue shows up, I could simply bend the phone inwards - take both thumbs, place them in the middle of the screen, with the rest of your fingers hugging the back of the phone, push down with your thumbs and pull back with the rest of your fingers. It immediately relives the problem, but it eventually returns, because putting it in your pocket or other such scenarios, bends it back. So being thin and big is kind of a disadvantage for this phone, because the frame isn't strong enough to hold its shape. I'm thinking that a really tough, solid case would help with this situation.

I know I'm reaching here, but I really miss this phone and really want to start using it again. Getting the screen repaired cost almost as much as a new one, and even then there are no guarantees. This could also serve as warning for current owners who don't have problems. Bend-gate is real and not just on iPhones.

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
When I first got my 1520, I did just what you did, bend it back to stop the Phantom Touch and added a hard shell case.

I have used the fake Otterbox case from Ebay, however, it added too much bulk for me and the rubber is sticky and clings to my pocket.

The one I am using now is a hard, thin clamshell case that snaps around the phone, also from Ebay. Yesterday the phone fell from a desk and hit a tile floor. The phone bounced twice, like a rubber ball. No damage.

I have had no Phantom Touch problems since Jan. and still carry the phone in my front pants pocket.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
When I first got my 1520, I did just what you did, bend it back to stop the Phantom Touch and added a hard shell case.

I have used the fake Otterbox case from Ebay, however, it added too much bulk for me and the rubber is sticky and clings to my pocket.

The one I am using now is a hard, thin clamshell case that snaps around the phone, also from Ebay. Yesterday the phone fell from a desk and hit a tile floor. The phone bounced twice, like a rubber ball. No damage.

I have had no Phantom Touch problems since Jan. and still carry the phone in my front pants pocket.

Would you mind posting a link or company/model of the case you bought. I have a feeling the bulky case is going to bother me too.

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi y'all, it's just a generic case from China. Many dealers on Ebay have them. I think I paid about $3.50 for mine.

Just do an Ebay search for Lumia 1520 cases, "buy it now" and "lowest price first". Then look for cases that come in two pieces that snap together, back and front. I got black but they come in colors too.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Cheers, the phone flex thing works!

That's great! I've been enjoying my 1520 for a few days now! I haven't received my case yet, so I've been extra careful when putting it down, and not putting it in my pocket. I'm so happy to be using this phone again!

geno47

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
The touch setting on high sensitivity and tap-to-wake causes the phantom touch/scroll on my phone. I just set it on normal and turned off the tap to wake feature and it works fine.

S*cks not to have the tap feature running though.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The touch setting on high sensitivity and tap-to-wake causes the phantom touch/scroll on my phone. I just set it on normal and turned off the tap to wake feature and it works fine.

S*cks not to have the tap feature running though.
I think that's just one of the symptoms of the screen flex. If you're not afraid, try flexing it like I suggested and see if it helps you get the feature back.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple 1520s since release and have been lucky enough to still not have seen this issue. Don't know if it's the phone, individual's pocket or a combination of the two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3