Yellowish white area on a new Lumia 1520

nufcfanatic

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Good morning guys, i need a little help to figure out about this one thing i concern since yesterday. So i just bought new lumia 1520 off contract for about $300 (in today's currency which i think is a good bargain). But i notice that the bottom area of the screen in off-white. I mean the white color is yellowish but only happen to the half bottom area of the screen near the navigation button.
So, did i get a defect unit here? Or anyone else having the same problem? Or will it go away in some time?
I will appreciate any kind of explanation from you guys.

Regards :)

Last edited by a moderator:

nufcfanatic

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1520 but no yellowing. My son had one. No distortion in the color on it either. Post an image if you can.
WP_20150815_001.jpg
the difference is subtle and barely visible at the image as i do not have decent camera but it is there. The bottom area is yellowing compared to the half top.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I came back to this thread on my Macbook and now I can see the image better. Yes, there is a noticeable yellow tint on your phone. If you could swap it, go ahead and do it.

nufcfanatic

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I came back to this thread on my Macbook and now I can see the image better. Yes, there is a noticeable yellow tint on your phone. If you could swap it, go ahead and do it.

I went to nokia care today to repair my 730 and show them my yellowing screen. They said they can repair it and will need 1-2 weeks as they don't have 1520 screen in their stock. I guess I will wait till next week when they finish with my 730 and then I will get my 1520 repaired. Thanks for the suggestion mate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism