So, I just bought brand new 1520 fresh from the box.. is it worth it now?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Like RumoredNow, I am 2 years into owning a 1520. I really like this form factor and build quality. Unfortunately, the phone cannot withstand a pinching/crushing action in a truck door.. But at least there are $250 like-new replacements out there! ;)

I do not see myself swapping my 1520 for either Cityman/Talkman either. Continuum is a nice-to-have, not a must-have, feature. :)

continuum, iris scanner and that weird 1mm ring around the camera that no one is talking about... i really wish someone had more information about it, and if it is only a design thing, why was it mentioned in the spec leak.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
continuum, iris scanner
See those are nice-to-have, not "must-have" to me. :) It's all a matter of personal preference, of course! So if they are "must-have" features for you, then the upgrade is a no brainer and I definitely wish you the best with it.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I luv how these posters post about bragging they paid xxx amount of dollars for their device but never say where they got it from... like we're gonna take it away from them... lol

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
my dear friend, everything seems nice to have at first, then becomes, must to have.

most of the windowsphone people are early adopters, we love this sh***

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I luv how these posters post about bragging they paid xxx amount of dollars for their device but never say where they got it from... like we're gonna take it away from them... lol

I'm happy to say where I got mine, but B&H Photo is no longer stocking the 1520.3. I suppose it might have been a one off sale, but can't imagine why the OP wouldn't just say the stock is gone. *shrug*

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Geez. I just missed your post somehow, so relax a bit, would you? :)

So..Where did I find my $250 "like-new" AT&T 1520? eBay. There are usually a number of AT&T 1520s out there from well-reviewed sellers. Sometimes you get lucky and find a brand new 1520 for around that price, but not often.

Here's an example auction (Note: I did notice that "like new" 1520s may be going for a bit more than the $250 I paid.. just gotta poke around eBay to find the right item/seller for you):

Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked 16GB Windows 8 GSM at T 4G LTE Smartphone Good 8 10 | eBay

Juan Echeverry

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
CONGRATULATIONS!.... You have bought one of the best phones around.... even now, after the Iphone 6 and many other "new" phones surfaced, Your Nokia still is ahead of almost any phone.
The only downfall comes from ...... Microsoft, yes.... ODD?.... well, if your NOKIA 1520 said MICROSOFT up there and not NOKIA, things would most surely be different.
What happens is that your SUPER PHONE (because it is) is driven by a SUPER OS (it is too), but upgrades, promotions, technical service, etc..... coming from Microsoft, will get to your phone AFTER every phone branded MICROSOFT has gotten them.
Your phone is still LUMIA?s flagship, and even those two new flagships they are announcing are just barely getting to the 1520?s level after 2 full years.... equaling the 1520 has shown to be a hard task.
It should be treated better, it should be shown with pride, but...... it lacks the MICROSOFT brand on it. But dont worry..... dont worry at all... youve got a better phone than almost anyone out there.... people will stop you amazed and ask: "What phone is that!!!".... and you will answer proudly: A NOKIA LUMIA 1520!.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Geez. I just missed your post somehow, so relax a bit, would you? :)

So..Where did I find my $250 "like-new" AT&T 1520? eBay. There are usually a number of AT&T 1520s out there from well-reviewed sellers. Sometimes you get lucky and find a brand new 1520 for around that price, but not often.

Here's an example auction (Note: I did notice that "like new" 1520s may be going for a bit more than the $250 I paid.. just gotta poke around eBay to find the right item/seller for you):

Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked 16GB Windows 8 GSM at T 4G LTE Smartphone Good 8 10 | eBay

dude I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the OP... unless YOUR'RE "VINEVINZ"??? and I'm quit relaxed thank you also I'm interested in a brand new one like the OP is bragging to have purchased :wink:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha good deal, man. Sorry for the misunderstanding. eBay really can give ya an awesome deal on a 1520, with some time and patience!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
no worries my friend and I can't seem to find any good deals on L1520 on ebay as they're all USED and not pristine like a new device would be :wink:

vinevinz

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
AND where did you find this brand new L1520?
Yes. I'm also curious where on this planet were you able to purchase a new Lumia 1520.
I'm happy to say where I got mine, but B&H Photo is no longer stocking the 1520.3. I suppose it might have been a one off sale, but can't imagine why the OP wouldn't just say the stock is gone. *shrug*

haha sorry for not informing where was the deal or where you can buy it, but I am not living in the US, it is in Indonesia..
So there was this "big super discount" stuff in my country, looks like MS wants to clear out all nokia brand phone here, they discount(super discount) every single type of nokia lumia, but no discount for ms lumia..I think there was like 30-40pcs of 1520 left and you can grab it from only 3 nokia stores(with no online option) within entire Indonesia, yes only 3 stores... and SOLD OUT before 24hours haha. Btw, we r not selling phones contract like AT&T, verizon or other stuff, it sold through distributor and unlocked..

===

ah it's 2 weeks now, I am not expecting so much reply here haha. Feel glad to have this phone but it kinda heavy to hold for a long time when I am watching youtube.. lol (be honest, 730 is so small and light)
and ya,, why did I ask if it is worth it after paying for the phone? Because it is so limited and those who didn't able to purchase the phone directly (or out of stock lol) offering my phone and give me another 10bucks, creep.. It was 3 hours driving to get to the store.. and the fee is only 10bucks.. btw i am not bragging, just sharing my experience..

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
We had one here in the Philippines around last Christmas season I think. It was sold for half the regular price and was sold out after 12 freaking hours. I was not aware of Lumia phones back then so I missed a very large bargain at that time. Such a shame.

vinevinz

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Jakarta this week... Can you please let me know where the Nokia Lumia phones are available? Thanks!
you r coming from abroad? haha don't think there is still any sales going on for x30 series.. the only stuff left is x20 series (620, 720, etc..1320 too)
and I don't really think you can buy any new 730 again and since 930 is already out of stock from early august, and we do not sale 830 here..but u still can check it! go to erafone haha

We had one here in the Philippines around last Christmas season I think. It was sold for half the regular price and was sold out after 12 freaking hours. I was not aware of Lumia phones back then so I missed a very large bargain at that time. Such a shame.
*pray for 950 1/2price sale*

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what you say. Buy for what is does great now, especially outright and not under a contract at this point is a great buy. The camera and 4K video are SUPERB. I matched this up with photos against my buddy's Galaxy 6 Edge and guess what, people were biased toward the 1520 pictures on my phone. Same pictures taken on a perfectly sunny day at a ballpark. You do have to get used to the size.

Another feature that now gets under rated consideration is the video and the 4 surround sound mics. Still the best in recording video with the best sound, imho..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa