So, I just bought brand new 1520 fresh from the box.. is it worth it now?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
wow $180 bucks on Expansys is a good price! then every person on eBay is selling for way too much for a used one! like over $250!!! what a joke!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like only different colors of the RM-940.
Priced $179.99 & 199.99.
Is the only difference between the RM-937 & an unlocked 32GB RM-940 the AT&T splash screen?
The RM-940 is missing Qi wireless charging and only has 16GB storage (compared to the RM-937 which has Qi wireless charging and 32GB storage but cannot do LTE in the U.S., as RumoredNow pointed out). It's still a great device, even with those limits!

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The only drawback I have found is if you have to get a replacement screen....the ground is not too forgiving on these phones. The replacement screens allegedly from Nokia lift and pull away from the frame which by no means is a good thing. I'm going on my third attempt now....fingers crossed as it is a wonderful phone! I am looking forward to the 950xl though...

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The only drawback I have found is if you have to get a replacement screen....the ground is not too forgiving on these phones. The replacement screens allegedly from Nokia lift and pull away from the frame which by no means is a good thing. I'm going on my third attempt now....fingers crossed as it is a wonderful phone! I am looking forward to the 950xl though...
I had the exact same problem.. which is why I gave up on trying to repair my Yellow 1520 and bought the green "like new" used/unlocked phone that I'm working with now. (Full disclosure: I could not locate a replacement screen that did not cost less than $180 at that time, back around March of this year.)

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Screens are much cheaper now about $100. However, according to my local fix-it store most suppliers stopped carrying the glass due to these issues. I'll just have him glue the thing down if it doesn't work again. I'm kind of over it...

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Screens are much cheaper now about $100. However, according to my local fix-it store most suppliers stopped carrying the glass due to these issues. I'll just have him glue the thing down if it doesn't work again. I'm kind of over it...

Well, there is still screen bleeding, they also fried my battery...I am not happy in the slightest, so I'm in an endess power loop...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, there is still screen bleeding, they also fried my battery...I am not happy in the slightest, so I'm in an endess power loop...

My mint unlocked green 1520 from eBay too had screen bleeding, looks like the seller actually had glued the screen directly. Since the phone was in warranty I sent it to Microsoft and they replaced the screen. Now I see they added a rubber padding between the screen and the body. Now no screen bleeding and I'm a happy camper!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.. I am sorry to hear that, man. Replacing the battery is a pain if you haven't had the entire phone disassembled yet. If you decided to try it, just be aware that you will need a heat source (blow dryer, perhaps?) and a very thin/flat pry tool. Nokia put some industrial-strength adhesive on those batteries. Sheesh.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, another "Is the 1520 worth it" thread, we must get one of these a week.. :)

If you know that you cannot afford the newer Cityman/Talkman phones, then the 1520 is a great choice, hardware-wise. You just need to get used to the size of the phone.

Agreed. The 1520 is one of the greatest phones of all time and while its not perfect, its awesome.. (even better now Netflix finally works).

Seems abit of a strange question to ask AFTER youve bought it, keep it.. youll love it and if you cant get used to the size, the 930 is a smaller 1520, minus the Glance screen and SD Slot.

Youll regret selling it.. believe me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb