Benjamin Mendez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520. Ok so I got a small crack on ny screen top right hand corner. How did it happen I don't know as I know for a fact I did not drop my phone. I did jumped a fence with my phone in my pocket that might cause it. The crack is inside not outside. That corner of the screen is not responding so my question is do I need a new digitizer and screen or just a screen? Please help as I rather wait to buy the next new thing.

Benjamin Mendez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I can see the crack but I can't feel it. For example you know when you get a small scratch you can feel it by running you finger nail. Well I ran my finger nail on top of the crack and is smooth. The crack somehow is inside the glass.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The digitizer its self is cracked then. You may be able to get by with a glass and digitizer replacement. You may have a hard time finding someone locally to try it. For DIY the whole assembly is your main option as the LCD is very fragile

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If you do it, here's a few words of advice:

- Be careful when removing the battery. Go slow apply a little heat, and work it loose. You can break the battery if you brute force it. If you bend it, it's probably broken. Also - sometimes the batteries read 0% when you take them out and plug them back in. Don't panic - just charge it. When I replace 1520 screens, I might spend 20 or more minutes on battery removal alone.

- Be careful with the vibrator - easy to damage the flex cable and lose its function

- be extra careful when removing the coax cables. I have removed the connector on the board, as well as the cable, which basically ruins the board. They seem to be attached on the 1520 a little more sturdily than on some other Nokias.

I think that's about it for tips from the school of hard knocks. Good luck.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest buying the whole lcd digitizer combo. Its a bit more money but in the long run its a simpler method which safe guards you have a working device.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
you need one with a Synaptics part on the cable. etradesupply has them. Life is easier, but it's more expensive, if you get one with the frame already on it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok so i search online to buy the whole lcd and i emil this guys asking them the difference of the lcd bc they all say the same thing but are different in price and now i dont know which one to buy. Touch Screen Digitizer for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Parts4repair.Com

I see you are looking at the digitizer only?

Unless you are experienced doing that, you are going to waste your $35 for the part, plus whatever they charge you for shipping.

You need the whole lcd/digitizer assembly. That part you linked to does not include the LCD.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell a difference from those listings.

BTW - those are w/o frame, meaning you will need to get adhesive to stick the display into the midframe. Usually, you can get that preassembled for only a few dollars more, which is usually less than the cost of the adhesive if this is a one-off repair for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb