Nokia Lumia 1520. Ok so I got a small crack on ny screen top right hand corner. How did it happen I don't know as I know for a fact I did not drop my phone. I did jumped a fence with my phone in my pocket that might cause it. The crack is inside not outside. That corner of the screen is not responding so my question is do I need a new digitizer and screen or just a screen? Please help as I rather wait to buy the next new thing.
    08-19-2015 03:15 AM
    Is the LCD cracked or just the glass? Not that doing the glass only repair is a sure thing by any means.
    Benjamin Mendez likes this.
    08-19-2015 10:21 AM
    From what I can see is just the screen.
    08-19-2015 10:39 AM
    I can see the crack but I can't feel it. For example you know when you get a small scratch you can feel it by running you finger nail. Well I ran my finger nail on top of the crack and is smooth. The crack somehow is inside the glass.
    08-19-2015 10:42 AM
    Is the LCD cracked or just the glass? Not that doing the glass only repair is a sure thing by any means.
    I have replied back
    08-19-2015 11:11 AM
    The digitizer its self is cracked then. You may be able to get by with a glass and digitizer replacement. You may have a hard time finding someone locally to try it. For DIY the whole assembly is your main option as the LCD is very fragile
    08-19-2015 11:54 AM
    Thanks a lot I guess I'll just buy the whole thing and try to do it myself. It sucks for a person like me who hasn't broken a screen in over 8 years. 😓
    08-19-2015 12:31 PM
    If you do it, here's a few words of advice:

- Be careful when removing the battery. Go slow apply a little heat, and work it loose. You can break the battery if you brute force it. If you bend it, it's probably broken. Also - sometimes the batteries read 0% when you take them out and plug them back in. Don't panic - just charge it. When I replace 1520 screens, I might spend 20 or more minutes on battery removal alone.

- Be careful with the vibrator - easy to damage the flex cable and lose its function

- be extra careful when removing the coax cables. I have removed the connector on the board, as well as the cable, which basically ruins the board. They seem to be attached on the 1520 a little more sturdily than on some other Nokias.

I think that's about it for tips from the school of hard knocks. Good luck.
    Benjamin Mendez and GrayW0lf like this.
    08-19-2015 12:52 PM
    Thanks a lot i am going to be watching lots of YouTube to hopefully get it right. Thank you guys!
    08-19-2015 07:31 PM
    Feel free to PM if you need help. Make sure you have a T2 and a T4 screw driver.
    08-19-2015 08:03 PM
    I would suggest buying the whole lcd digitizer combo. Its a bit more money but in the long run its a simpler method which safe guards you have a working device.
    08-19-2015 08:31 PM
    Feel free to PM if you need help. Make sure you have a T2 and a T4 screw driver.
    Ok so i search online to buy the whole lcd and i emil this guys asking them the difference of the lcd bc they all say the same thing but are different in price and now i dont know which one to buy. http://www.parts4repair.com/touch-sc...ia-lumia-1520/
    08-23-2015 10:31 PM
    you need one with a Synaptics part on the cable. etradesupply has them. Life is easier, but it's more expensive, if you get one with the frame already on it.
    08-24-2015 08:47 AM
    Ok so i search online to buy the whole lcd and i emil this guys asking them the difference of the lcd bc they all say the same thing but are different in price and now i dont know which one to buy. Touch Screen Digitizer for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Parts4repair.Com
    I see you are looking at the digitizer only?

Unless you are experienced doing that, you are going to waste your $35 for the part, plus whatever they charge you for shipping.

You need the whole lcd/digitizer assembly. That part you linked to does not include the LCD.
    08-24-2015 08:49 AM
    My bad ok i am looking at this two but i don't know why there are two different prices on them.Complete Screen Assembly for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Parts4repair.Com
    Complete Screen Assembly OEM for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Parts4repair.Com
    08-24-2015 05:17 PM
    I can't tell a difference from those listings.

BTW - those are w/o frame, meaning you will need to get adhesive to stick the display into the midframe. Usually, you can get that preassembled for only a few dollars more, which is usually less than the cost of the adhesive if this is a one-off repair for you.
    08-24-2015 10:00 PM
    Be aware that 3rd party screens for the 1520 tend to be a "mixed bag" in terms of their quality/long-term reliability.

Also - those links you shared for "parts4repair" do not include the frame (as gordonfink has pointed out).

You might want to look at this item from their site instead:

http://www.parts4repair.com/complete...20/?fullSite=1
    08-24-2015 10:49 PM