How to repair my front camera on my Lumia 1520

trevormacro

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a black screen when i run the front camera on my 1520 device.

How can i remove it and replace with new one?

If anybody have this experience let me know. because i don't see connectors like it soldered.

Is it possible to do it at home or not? with what hardwares?

Thanks in advance.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Can't find any explicit instructions, but it looks easy enough.

What I am not clear on is what holds the flex ribbon down. It appears to be adhesive tape, but I am not sure if it is electrically conductive tape, or if the flex has adhesive on it already, so you just peel off a protector, and stick it down. Most of these Nokia flex cables have adhesive on them, so it's peel and stick, but doing a quick search, I can't find that info.

Search for front camera - there's plenty of them for sale all over the internet. You can also search for a Nokia 1520 Service Manual, which will show you the teardown. There's also lots of teardown videos. Most of those show how to replace the lcd screen assembly. You can skip almost all of the steps, because all you are doing is taking out the motherboard, replacing the camera, and putting the motherboard back in.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I've never paid it much attention, a cursory look at it registered it as a press/bar solder. Which can be reflowed but difficulty depends on equipment.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The service manual doesn't directly address the front camera. I have it, but I don't recall where I downloaded it from. I found it via Google search, I'm sure.

Scrubby - thanks for the update. I've never really paid it any attention either. I've replaced the main a few times, but that's different than the front. I couldn't figure out how it was connected from the pics I saw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3