Dropped my phone. Easy to replace case?

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I never ever dropped any of my phones and today my 1520 slipped out of my hands and landed on concrete. Screen is ok but corners or casing are dented and scuffed. So angry with myself. Is it easy to take apart and replace the case for a new one?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That is easy to do. It's one Torx size 2 screw driver, then a spudger or something to separate the case from the screen assembly.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
^^^ this. ive done it twice to my 1520 after dropping it twice. thankfully I didn't damage the screen.

be careful not to damage the rubber around the screen. mine has a few marks in it after trying to pry the screen out of the casing.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
be careful not to damage the rubber around the screen. mine has a few marks in it after trying to pry the screen out of the casing.

This is a good point. If you use a pry tool between the rubber and the lcd assembly, you can damage it. You need to make sure it's between the rubber and the hardshell.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys. I assume the replacement housing already has the nfc and qi plates etc inside and I dont need to transfer anything from the old housing to the new housing?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
They may or may not - depends on what you buy. You will need to look at that carefully. The 1520 doesn't have Qi does it?

Also - some of them don't come with the camera lens cover either - check for that too. Make sure you know exactly what is included in the new cover you buy, because they are all different. Ask if you aren't sure, because if it's not listed and you think it's included, you'll be annoyed later.

I just went through a similar thing today. I had to replace screens on 2 of my daughter's iphones. The first screen I bought had the earpiece mesh, and some other things. The second one, which was more expensive, had none of that. It took me an extra half hour or more to transfer over all the little parts to the one screen, which, needless to say, raised my ire as I was doing it.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
the ones I have bought on ebay have both had wireless charging, nfc, lense cover etc. I bought a genuine replacement one.

its just a shame the green doesnt have wireless charging in it :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar