Bought the L1520, which camera app do you recommend?

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked L1520 recently and got it working on the T-Mobile network, thanks to an article I found here that enables the band.

Since the camera is 20MP, which camera app do you recommend? With previous Windows Phone devices, I usually used the stock app, nothing special. But with the 1520, I want to take full advantage of the 20MP hardware.

Thanks.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Just make sure you're on Denim. Should be, but if it's used, you never know. Then the Lumia Camera app will work, and you'll be happy with the camera in that phone.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure you're on Denim. Should be, but if it's used, you never know. Then the Lumia Camera app will work, and you'll be happy with the camera in that phone.

Sounds good.

Yes, it's on Denim. I made sure it had all the updates before doing my usual set up.

This phone is such a beast. I had good phones in the past,HD7, 810, 925, HTC M8, but this one is in class of it's own.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Different Horses for Different Courses.

I have a variety of camera apps I use for different things.

ProShot probably gives the very best HDR flexibility and power.

Camera360 Sight has pretty basic controls and is a fast shooter. Nice filters for in-line and post shot.

Sketch Camera offers some fun kicks.

Black will give some nice post shot filters.

More filters in SophieLens HD.

Unfortunately, Photosynth is out of print. It's a photoshere type panorama shooter.

Slowly and Hyperlapse for video speed effects.

I still like Lumia Camera as well.

Photography is a great hobby. The 1520 is a dynamite piece of kit to practice it on. Practice is the key. But so is creativity. Explore and try new apps and revisit some others you put aside for awhile. IMHO, there is no one "best" camera app unless you want "best for this unique picture."

Play with it and have fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos