1520 Owners should be given a handsome deal on 950XL trade-ins

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
We have waited two years for the phantom swipe to be fixed. Everyone I know with a 1520 has the issue, even with sensitivity turned down. I've turned it back in twice and the two new ones have them same issue. This is insane they haven't done anything to fix this. There should be some type of comp on a trade in at Microsoft stores after they left us to hang for so long. This has been beyond ridiculous.

Amano800

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've got six 1520 running in our household.

None of these exhibit these phantom touches that I've read about.

Just out of curiosity since ours are Australian stock, but wouldn't the warranty cover a product that is that faulty?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got six 1520 running in our household.

None of these exhibit these phantom touches that I've read about.

Just out of curiosity since ours are Australian stock, but wouldn't the warranty cover a product that is that faulty?

Yes. That is why I am on my third. The first two were unusable. Even worse, on the last exchange, I turned in my second 32gb model. They sent me a 16gb and when I called I was told the stock is now lumped into one pile, too bad.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That's nice you haven't. The greater majority of us have though.
Absolutely no indication anywhere that is true. All we know is that the great majority of people who complain they have it, have it. Its the nature of forums. People will complain but not spontaneously say their device is okay. People will even join forums just to complain and hope to find a fix; nobody joins to say they don't have a particular problem. Any product, any brand a problem that hits even 1% of owners looks like the end of the world if you go to forums about that product. Go count the individual WC members who posted they have this problem and compare it to the number of 1520s produced. It will be a small minority. Of course not all owners will have heard of WC and still others might suffer in silence. There is no way to have a clue about what percent of a product has a defect based on forums.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a 1520 and I've never seen the phantom touch before. But I have seen...
attachment.php

Attachments

• The+Phantom+of+the+Opera+PNG.png
    The+Phantom+of+the+Opera+PNG.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 208

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of "never had a touch or phantom touch" issue with my 1520.

Also, I don't think Microsoft would be obligated to offer any such deals to current 1520 owners. The 1520 is still a fantastic device. If you want the new phone when it comes out, buy it!

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression that the 1520's touch screen problems were caused by pressure being put on the display over time. I've got a brand new 1520, and it doesn't have any problems whatsoever.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a L1520 and have it sporadically, not enough to even waste my time complaining about it... I luv my L1520 and it has/will be the best phone I've ever had. so MS offering a trade in is NOT going to happen in this or any other life time, heck just look at the poor insulting trade in offers they were having for the SP2 to trade in for a SP3... they gave you PEANUTS for your SP2. actually insulting if you ask me LOL

Liam Wong

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had two 1520s, one was an rm-938 and the other was from At&t. The at&t one doesnt have the phantom touch issue but the rm-938 one did. I think they did fix the issue on phones that were built later.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
We have waited two years for the phantom swipe to be fixed. Everyone I know with a 1520 has the issue, even with sensitivity turned down. I've turned it back in twice and the two new ones have them same issue. This is insane they haven't done anything to fix this. There should be some type of comp on a trade in at Microsoft stores after they left us to hang for so long. This has been beyond ridiculous.

What do you want? It's not like its a software bug, its caused by people being careless and bending the phone mis-aligning the digitizer. Is it a flaw? Yea, its a design flaw, but what do you seriously expect? Name one company that would make a new revision without selling it as a new device. The problem is pretty easy to avoid if you just don't put the thing in your rear pockets and take it out of your pockets while lifting heavy things.

Wazzim

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely no indication anywhere that is true. All we know is that the great majority of people who complain they have it, have it. Its the nature of forums. People will complain but not spontaneously say their device is okay. People will even join forums just to complain and hope to find a fix; nobody joins to say they don't have a particular problem. Any product, any brand a problem that hits even 1% of owners looks like the end of the world if you go to forums about that product. Go count the individual WC members who posted they have this problem and compare it to the number of 1520s produced. It will be a small minority. Of course not all owners will have heard of WC and still others might suffer in silence. There is no way to have a clue about what percent of a product has a defect based on forums.

Both my roommate and I have random touches. It's inherent to the 1520. I didn't have them in the beginning because I was lucky. The device is faulty in it's design.

(not expecting anything from MS though, come on. It's a capitalist corporation.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12