11-13-2015 04:52 PM
35 12
tools
    We have waited two years for the phantom swipe to be fixed. Everyone I know with a 1520 has the issue, even with sensitivity turned down. I've turned it back in twice and the two new ones have them same issue. This is insane they haven't done anything to fix this. There should be some type of comp on a trade in at Microsoft stores after they left us to hang for so long. This has been beyond ridiculous.
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    09-04-2015 10:33 AM
    I havent had any issues.
    09-04-2015 11:11 AM
    I'd love that but I doubt if it'll happen. If it does though, I'll line up for it
    09-04-2015 11:19 AM
    I cant believe after this long, they still have done nothing.
    09-04-2015 12:05 PM
    I havent had any issues.
    That's nice you haven't. The greater majority of us have though.
    09-04-2015 12:05 PM
    Majority? Really?
    Al4video likes this.
    09-04-2015 12:12 PM
    Majority? Really?
    A know a few others with these. They all have it. I am on my third and all of them had it. So that is 6 for 6 with me. When I read through the forums pertaining to this, there is always a huge majority stating they have the issue versus those that dont.
    09-04-2015 12:26 PM
    ...there is always a huge majority stating they have the issue versus those that dont.
    That holds with most issues.

People come to the forums to state their problems in far larger numbers than those checking in to say how groovy they feel.

*shrug*
    09-04-2015 12:33 PM
    I've got six 1520 running in our household.

None of these exhibit these phantom touches that I've read about.

Just out of curiosity since ours are Australian stock, but wouldn't the warranty cover a product that is that faulty?
    Al4video and Ed Boland like this.
    09-04-2015 12:47 PM
    I've got six 1520 running in our household.

None of these exhibit these phantom touches that I've read about.

Just out of curiosity since ours are Australian stock, but wouldn't the warranty cover a product that is that faulty?
    Yes. That is why I am on my third. The first two were unusable. Even worse, on the last exchange, I turned in my second 32gb model. They sent me a 16gb and when I called I was told the stock is now lumped into one pile, too bad.
    09-04-2015 01:10 PM
    Absolutely no indication anywhere that is true. All we know is that the great majority of people who complain they have it, have it. Its the nature of forums. People will complain but not spontaneously say their device is okay. People will even join forums just to complain and hope to find a fix; nobody joins to say they don't have a particular problem. Any product, any brand a problem that hits even 1% of owners looks like the end of the world if you go to forums about that product. Go count the individual WC members who posted they have this problem and compare it to the number of 1520s produced. It will be a small minority. Of course not all owners will have heard of WC and still others might suffer in silence. There is no way to have a clue about what percent of a product has a defect based on forums.
    09-05-2015 06:31 AM
    I have a 1520 and I've never seen the phantom touch before. But I have seen...
    Attached Thumbnails phantom-opera-png.png  
    09-05-2015 09:50 AM
    Add me to the list of "never had a touch or phantom touch" issue with my 1520.

Also, I don't think Microsoft would be obligated to offer any such deals to current 1520 owners. The 1520 is still a fantastic device. If you want the new phone when it comes out, buy it!
    Al4video likes this.
    09-05-2015 11:56 AM
    I was under the impression that the 1520's touch screen problems were caused by pressure being put on the display over time. I've got a brand new 1520, and it doesn't have any problems whatsoever.
    09-05-2015 12:04 PM
    My brother has a Lumia 1520 and he's never had the phantom touch issue.
    09-05-2015 12:15 PM
    I have a L1520 and have it sporadically, not enough to even waste my time complaining about it... I luv my L1520 and it has/will be the best phone I've ever had. so MS offering a trade in is NOT going to happen in this or any other life time, heck just look at the poor insulting trade in offers they were having for the SP2 to trade in for a SP3... they gave you PEANUTS for your SP2. actually insulting if you ask me LOL
    Visa Declined likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:59 PM
    I've had two 1520s, one was an rm-938 and the other was from At&t. The at&t one doesnt have the phantom touch issue but the rm-938 one did. I think they did fix the issue on phones that were built later.
    09-05-2015 02:56 PM
    I never had any phantom touch issues on mine! But as soon as 950xl rolls out, I'm gonna get that
    09-05-2015 03:20 PM
    We have waited two years for the phantom swipe to be fixed. Everyone I know with a 1520 has the issue, even with sensitivity turned down. I've turned it back in twice and the two new ones have them same issue. This is insane they haven't done anything to fix this. There should be some type of comp on a trade in at Microsoft stores after they left us to hang for so long. This has been beyond ridiculous.
    What do you want? It's not like its a software bug, its caused by people being careless and bending the phone mis-aligning the digitizer. Is it a flaw? Yea, its a design flaw, but what do you seriously expect? Name one company that would make a new revision without selling it as a new device. The problem is pretty easy to avoid if you just don't put the thing in your rear pockets and take it out of your pockets while lifting heavy things.
    09-05-2015 03:24 PM
    Absolutely no indication anywhere that is true. All we know is that the great majority of people who complain they have it, have it. Its the nature of forums. People will complain but not spontaneously say their device is okay. People will even join forums just to complain and hope to find a fix; nobody joins to say they don't have a particular problem. Any product, any brand a problem that hits even 1% of owners looks like the end of the world if you go to forums about that product. Go count the individual WC members who posted they have this problem and compare it to the number of 1520s produced. It will be a small minority. Of course not all owners will have heard of WC and still others might suffer in silence. There is no way to have a clue about what percent of a product has a defect based on forums.
    Both my roommate and I have random touches. It's inherent to the 1520. I didn't have them in the beginning because I was lucky. The device is faulty in it's design.

(not expecting anything from MS though, come on. It's a capitalist corporation.)
    09-05-2015 03:33 PM
    Also haven't had any issues. Love the phone and will keep for a long time.
    09-05-2015 09:49 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I do genuinely feel sorry for those who do have an issue with their phone. But it's a rare defect, all bugs are. The only reason you see complaints about it so much online is because - as others have pointed out - people with issues are much more vocal about them than someone who doesn't even know the issue exists because they've never encountered it. Unfortunately, faults happen, and as it's not the majority of customers experiencing it, Microsoft won't offer a trade-in deal on these grounds. Again, I do feel for you with the bug though (especially on all three devices), it must be really quite irritating to have.

If the 1520 was less than a year old, maybe they would offer some sort of promotion - but it's not; it's two years old and (so I believe) discontinued. The 1020 (which received it's own share of [rare] bugs like any model) is only slightly older and in a very similar position, so why can't that be part of this proposed promotion? Or the newer 930, the current all-round flagship that the 950 is replacing? You see, it gets tricky to work out what Lumia owners would deserve such a deal without irritating users of other models - so the solution for Microsoft's first flagship in ages: Just sell it normally. If people want to upgrade to it, then they will.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    09-06-2015 04:10 AM
    I want to say something very stupid, but what do you where on your feet when you are walking around your home?

It might be you are being charged with static electricity and the phone is acting crazy with it.

touch your screen on a metal surface in the house, and get rid of the static charge, then wear something else when you are walking in your home.

Now really, how crazy do i sound? :)

I would seriously test it, what could go wrong :)
    09-06-2015 08:45 AM
    I want to say something very stupid, but what do you where on your feet when you are walking around your home?

It might be you are being charged with static electricity and the phone is acting crazy with it.

touch your screen on a metal surface in the house, and get rid of the static charge, then wear something else when you are walking in your home.

Now really, how crazy do i sound? :)

I would seriously test it, what could go wrong :)
    Yea that could be the issue. I am reminded by the same situation with the Nexus 7 2013 gens having the same "grounding" issue.
    taymur likes this.
    09-06-2015 10:16 AM
    Of course not all owners will have heard of WC
    Blasphemy! This can't be true!
    RumoredNow and multo like this.
    09-06-2015 10:37 AM
35 12