11-13-2015 04:52 PM
35 12
tools
    Yea that could be the issue. I am reminded by the same situation with the Nexus 7 2013 gens having the same "grounding" issue.
    The only time that i ever had the phantom touch issue (lumia 930) is when i used a different charger, it was a gray market charger. As soon as i plug my 930 in, the screen starts to flicker, click, and drag... as soon as i remove it all went back to normal.

Could this mean the battery of his 1520 is releasing the charge more quickly... maybe :S

Hard Luck OP.

PS. I get the phantom touch issue on both my surface and my laptop...
    Also i have very sweaty hands.
    I am sharing things with the hope we find a common factor.
    09-07-2015 01:23 AM
    Got mine in Feb 2014 and the phantom swipes and taps started in Dec 2014 and it is becoming worse. Drives me up the wall some days. I'm still not convinced that this is a hardware only issue...all I can say is bring on the 950XL!
    09-07-2015 09:20 AM
    2 for 2 for scroll issues on my 1520.3. Wouldnt expect anything from these dimwits though.
    09-07-2015 09:27 AM
    The only time that i ever had the phantom touch issue (lumia 930) is when i used a different charger, it was a gray market charger. As soon as i plug my 930 in, the screen starts to flicker, click, and drag... as soon as i remove it all went back to normal.

Could this mean the battery of his 1520 is releasing the charge more quickly... maybe :S

Hard Luck OP.

PS. I get the phantom touch issue on both my surface and my laptop...
    Also i have very sweaty hands.
    I am sharing things with the hope we find a common factor.
    Those charges are real pain in the ***. I accidentally took my father's Lumia 535 charger and charged my 640. After it was charged it was acting all weird, loading screen was everywhere, time was frozen between 2:10 and 2:16pm and would just go in circle. After hard reset everything was back to normal. Guess these charges can really mess up your phone.
    09-07-2015 09:42 AM
    Can I suggest that those with the phantom swipe try something ? After 18 months my 1520 started with it the odd time or two, not enough to cause a problem but then it became much more frequent. On one occasion when it was having a really bad spell I noticed that it happened as I touched the memory card access door. I took the card out, cleaned the contacts and replaced it and the problem didnt happen again.

Three weeks ago I replaced the battery in the phone and in the process clumsily damaged the screen so I installed a new screen assembly as well. All was fine for an hour or so and then the phantom struck again, much more frequent than before as well. At one point it was really driving me crazy and I remembered what I had done before, so I took out the card and cleaned it and installed it again, ensuring that the drawer slide in firmly, and I have not seen the problem since.

Coincidence maybe, but it may be worth you trying !
    09-07-2015 06:27 PM
    Can I suggest that those with the phantom swipe try something ? After 18 months my 1520 started with it the odd time or two, not enough to cause a problem but then it became much more frequent. On one occasion when it was having a really bad spell I noticed that it happened as I touched the memory card access door. I took the card out, cleaned the contacts and replaced it and the problem didnt happen again.

Three weeks ago I replaced the battery in the phone and in the process clumsily damaged the screen so I installed a new screen assembly as well. All was fine for an hour or so and then the phantom struck again, much more frequent than before as well. At one point it was really driving me crazy and I remembered what I had done before, so I took out the card and cleaned it and installed it again, ensuring that the drawer slide in firmly, and I have not seen the problem since.

Coincidence maybe, but it may be worth you trying !
    Everyone keeps saying it is a hardware issue. I believe it is a software issue. The reason for this, is that on all three of these phones, the issue always occurs within an app or a hub, but this NEVER happens on the home screen. Hard to believe a hardware issue would not occur on just the home screen.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    09-18-2015 11:00 AM
    yes me to absolutly right
    09-18-2015 11:17 AM
    I've been through 4 1520's. They all have the issue. My latest (green ATT) model has it, but it isn't nearly as bad. As for those who claim it's all bogus, you should go google it. There was not one or two, but THREE software/firmware updates earlier in the 1520 life cycle to try and fix the issue. The ATT store I use, told me they have replaced over a hundred phones (as of about 10 months ago) for the screen touch issues. This isn't just a few random occurrences. I've heard everything from software, to hardware, to flex in the display, misuse and you're not holding it 'just right.' Still love the phone, but it's definitely an issue. And I doubt there would be any discounts for a trade-in to MS. Would be nice, though!!
    11-13-2015 12:14 PM
    I got your trade in value right here, yo: Windows Central Marketplace.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    11-13-2015 01:46 PM
    Thanks RumoredNow the Market is an Option.

I feel customers of AT&T should have the option to trade in the nice but buggy 1520 for the 950 XL . I will even settle on a Deal ( stated in the Post Title Subject) . We are very passionate and loyal to Microsoft and the OS for their phones.
    I am extremely loyal to Windows Mobile( yes ,I said it ha ha) Not having a worthy successor ( in size or similar size) to the 1520 is making me re- think my 10 years of remaining with Windows Mobile( 2nd time) . I just don't like Android or IPhone and I don't feel like purchasing the 950 XL unlocked directly through Microsoft website or Store
    Financially I can't.
    I am a student with loans, bills , etc. . The ' NEXT " plan is more suitable . I signed up because I trade phones often and anticipated doing so with the 1520.For the record I have purchased the Tilt 2 and the Titan phones at full price. Today there are too many other options . I do not want the 950 . I know it is available and I have been told that eventually the 950 XL will arrive . If it doesn't than I will shop around
    11-13-2015 04:52 PM
35 12