Flickering display problem on my Nokia Lumia 1520. Please check the video.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a flickering display problem on my Nokia Lumia 1520 which makes the phone totally unuseable because when the flickering starts, all the buttons on the screen become frozen and half the time this happens I'm forced to power off the phone after which it works as it should for a while, then the flickering starts again. Is this a hardware or software issue?Please check this video of the flickering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek7qvFxexs8&feature=youtu.be

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. It appeared mainly when in game. It sarted 3 weeks ago, I first thought it was an issue with the last Windows 10 beta update (10536.1004). So I rolled back to 8.1 two days ago, but the issue is still there.
I was wondering if it was due to my attempt to solve the fantom touch using the tips on another thread here. I oppened my phone. It was not the first time and I never had any problem before. But this time I acceeded to another part of the phone (the lower part). Did you oppen your phone too?

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
No I've not opened my phone. In fact I have just had my phone returned from the Microsoft Service Centre because the motherboard was damaged, (the phone was dead). But the problems exists in both 8.1 and 10, though 8.1 appears much worse.

Last edited:

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
For me it turned to a point it was almost not usable with W10, and happened only once with W8.1 for the last 3 days. I'll try W10 again this weekend. I found out that some other users had this kind of issue years ago, so I'll try to heat my screen at 65-80?C for a minute as some did to see if it changes anything.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No I've not opened my phone. In fact I have just had my phone returned from the Microsoft Service Centre because the motherboard was damaged, (the phone was dead). But the problems exists in both 8.1 and 10, though 8.1 appears much worse.

Return the phone, obviously it's not been repaired or tested correctly.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Umm. The guy with the problem here just had his phone returned from being repaired. It seems pretty likely the problem has something to do with that.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If it was there before, then you have the phantom touch issue. There have been threads here ranging from bending it a little, to changing some settings, to replacing the screen assembly.

The bending thing was discussed here a few weeks back, and some folks seemed to think that it fixed their issue.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
If it was there before, then you have the phantom touch issue. There have been threads here ranging from bending it a little, to changing some settings, to replacing the screen assembly..
Thanks. I'll be looking into this phantom touch issue and see if that is the problem.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If it was there before, then you have the phantom touch issue. There have been threads here ranging from bending it a little, to changing some settings, to replacing the screen assembly.

The bending thing was discussed here a few weeks back, and some folks seemed to think that it fixed their issue.

I had fantom tough issue for one year and This flickering issue is really different...

And for me, it's far worse with w10. It happened once with 8.1 in four d'ays. But Just did it 5 time in a raw (with soft reset each times) in the 10 last minute, trying to write This comment. I've installed w10 10536.1004 22h ago.
The issue come from the bottom of my screen, since it activates vocal for Cortana.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6