Back from Android and now on 1520

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I sold my Samsung Ativ SE WIndows phone earlier this year and I went to Android with the Samsung Galaxy S6.
I was very happy with the Galaxy S6, especially about the camera which is better then the camera on the 1520.
But after a while I started to miss the Windows OS more and more...
So beginning this month I decided to buy a second hand red Lumia 1520 for only 200 euro :D and I sold my S6.
And I must say that I'm glad I did it.
The 1520 is a great device!
However, I have a couple of questions.
It would be nice if someone knows how to fix this issues.

- On the lockscreen I see only a picture, no time or date?
- When I'm browsing apps in the store, click an app to read the details and then go back to the overview, it brings me back on the top and I need to scroll down again?
- Photos of contacts don't show up in the people's tile on my startscreen.
- Is it possible to install a xap file?

(I'm on the last build of Windows 10)

Anybody else on 1520 with Windows 10 expereincing this?

Shohruh Shamanov

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The lock screen issues is a W10m bug, I have the same issue. We just to wait for the next build to fix it. And yea its good you went back to windows OS, it's fun

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys! Yes I am glad I'm back on Windows. I don't want to say Android is bad, but I've been on Windows for years. I had a Lumia 920, Lumia 930 and Samsung Ativ SE. I decided to give Galaxy S6 a try, because of the camera, more apps on Android and the Galaxy S6 looks just amazing. But I started missing Windows, and I realized that all apps I use are in the Windows store (except some apps like 500px and Dutch apps like "Marktplaats") but I can enter them via the browser.
And even when the 1520 is already 2 years old, friends and other people ask me which phone I have... They like the glossy red back and the size of the phone :)