(confused)....please help.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i saw every comparision video on youtube still can't decide which is best Lumia 930 or Lumia 1520 please help.

i own S3,1020,730,S4 all are oled display so i dont have any idea about LCD vs oled....please say which is best display for daily use.

i didn't used any phablet untill now.

please reply..please help to decide :)

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They only differ in size, the 930 lacking support for sd cards and having a slightly better looking display. Everything else is the same, so in the end it's personal preference and completely up to you to find out which one suits you better. I suggest you go to a store and play around with each of them.
Regarding the display... My wife owns a 930 and I own a 1520 (not long anymore though, my 950XL should be waiting for me when I return home from work today). And when I compare both phones next to each other the 930's display looks a tad better to me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I think the IPS LCD of 1520 is just about right. 367ppi is fine quality in a display. Not so many pixels to suck battery. Much above 300ppi becomes a waste in my opinion. Also the LCD of 1520 is unmatched by any other OLED screen I have looked at for viewing in direct sunlight. This is indispensable for my uses. Photography when out and about and Navigation from a dash-top mount. Even with matte, anti-glare screen protectors I have never gotten an OLED to be as readable outside in bright sun. I'm looking at you 925 and 928. Also my IPS screened Nexus 4 was killer in sunlight. Most of these screens are similar in ppi. I've never looked at any of those screens (1520/925/928/N4) and noticed any pixelation. IMHO the 441ppi on the 930 is overkill. Apple started this ppi war with "retina" display and have most OEMs following along. But more pixels gets wasted except for certain applications and also helps contribute to battery drain. The 1080p of 1520 looks great to me. And don't forget Glance.1520 has it, 930 does not.

For every day? Depends on your day.

In sunlight: 1520
Streaming high quality video and playing graphics intense games a majority of the time: 930
Need/Want Glance: 1520
Need/Want expandable memory: 1520
Camera: tied
SoC and RAM: tied
Sound: tied
Battery Endurance: 1520

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I think the IPS LCD of 1520 is just about right. 367ppi is fine quality in a display. Not so many pixels to suck battery. Much above 300ppi becomes a waste in my opinion. Also the LCD of 1520 is unmatched by any other OLED screen I have looked at for viewing in direct sunlight. This is indispensable for my uses. Photography when out and about and Navigation from a dash-top mount. Even with matte, anti-glare screen protectors I have never gotten an OLED to be as readable outside in bright sun. I'm looking at you 925 and 928. Also my IPS screened Nexus 4 was killer in sunlight. Most of these screens are similar in ppi. I've never looked at any of those screens (1520/925/928/N4) and noticed any pixelation. IMHO the 441ppi on the 930 is overkill. Apple started this ppi war with "retina" display and have most OEMs following along. But more pixels gets wasted except for certain applications and also helps contribute to battery drain. The 1080p of 1520 looks great to me. And don't forget Glance.1520 has it, 930 does not.

For every day? Depends on your day.

In sunlight: 1520
Streaming high quality video and playing graphics intense games a majority of the time: 930
Need/Want Glance: 1520
Need/Want expandable memory: 1520
Camera: tied
SoC and RAM: tied
Sound: tied
Battery Endurance: 1520

i ended up buying Nokia Lumia 930 special edition(black with metal trim gold)..

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up. You are going to LOVE the camera...

And your device should be in line for official Win 10 Mo soon.

Enjoy.

:) camera not exactly somehow L1020 shots are more good compare to L930 for my eyes apart from that every thing shines....many people ask me "hey whats that device in you're hand" :) using windows 10 insider builds...their are many bugs....battery/overheat/slow motion not at all useful in low light....hope everything changes at the time of official release..........thank you :)

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
They only differ in size, the 930 lacking support for sd cards and having a slightly better looking display. Everything else is the same, so in the end it's personal preference and completely up to you to find out which one suits you better. I suggest you go to a store and play around with each of them.
Regarding the display... My wife owns a 930 and I own a 1520 (not long anymore though, my 950XL should be waiting for me when I return home from work today). And when I compare both phones next to each other the 930's display looks a tad better to me.

hey i bought Lumia 930(black and gold(special edition)).....thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett