Have you still got your 1520?

Dexter_Morgan9

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Yep, the 1520 was what got me away from android, I've had 4 of them (first one broke screen on first day, second one broken camera when I was sleep it fell off bed, third one my son threw it on rocks and busted screen, fourth one alive and kicking). I don't like the red color because it's a fingerprint magnet, all mine have been yellow. Id love to have the green one and add it to my mobile phone collection.

Dexter_Morgan9

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I splurged on a 950XL, while I liked having a new Windows Phone, I find the screen and most of the features very underwhelming compared to my 1520. For one, I find the full HD screen on the 1520 to be sooooo much better.

Really? I personally like 1080p for the battery savings, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that 1080p actually looks better.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I still have mine, two years and counting.

In spite of contemplating getting a Lumia 950 XL by the end of the year, I do not think I will get rid of my Lumia 1520.

Will try to post pics later on.

Beckie Evans

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I still have mine, nearly two years now. This is the longest I've ever had a phone. I usually get antsy after a year or so and start eyeing up a new one, but I love my L1520 so much that I'm still really happy with it. Got the red variant, and I bought it second hand from CEX, and it's just been brilliant. I run the slow ring, and I find the experience is wonderfully smooth. It's flawless really. The only niggles are no continuum and no NFC payments. But I can live with that. The recent releases (950, 950XL, etc) are so uninspired design wise, so I think I'll be using my L1520 till it dies.

augustin25

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got a 1520 to replace cracked 640 last week. $100 on EBay with just a few very faint scratches. I'm loving it so far, and the camera crushed my wife's and our neighbors' when we took pics of our kids on their first day of kindergarten this morning.

anon(185988)

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I bought mine off Swappa a few months ago to replace my old 925 because I simply loved the huge screen and relative thinness of the 1520. In many ways, it still holds up well even next to my Nexus 6P, and even my Nexus 5.

I do wish the MS would update the firmware, or whatever is needed in order to support NFC payments. My old Nexus 5 does it perfectly, and it's not like Microsoft has a ton of compatible phones at the moment. If they want people to use it, limiting it to just these newer phones that haven't sold mass quantities is not the way to go.

paul87russell

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I still have my 1520, but am considering switching to android since my screen started ghost touching..i really love my 1520, but i'm really getting frustrated with the ghost touch..

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Bought my 1520.3 right after it became available, IMO it's the best phone period. I've had the phantom touch issue for about a year and then it disappeared, it's not over sensitivity but actual phantom touch, it can sit on my night stand and launches Cortana on its own. But it disappeared last year, right before W10M launch. Just cracked the screen a month ago but I may look into fixing that and continue to use it. Updated to 14393.103 and it runs pretty well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've still go the same 1520.3 since August 2014.

I keep taking little breaks from it to drive lower specs models for testing and fun and whatnot.

I'm back on the 1520 bandwagon as a daily again.

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had a 1520 for a year and a half now and with the new update (looks like I'm finally gonna stick with 10) I feel like I've got a new phone again, and I don't see anything out there tempting me enough yet to get me away from my beautiful phone.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Gave mine to my daughter. She promptly broke the screen :( Considering spending the 50 bucks for a new screen and getting her something else. This is ridiculous of course because I don't use the phone as I switched to Android. I love the damn thing so much though I might just do it anyway. If only windows phone worked well with Google and had a decent app ecosystem I'd still be rocking it with pleasure.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my 1520. Had multiple issues for the last couple of months but I think it's the battery. I'm either going to get a 950 or get a battery pack from amazon. Without the battery issues, this phone is amazing. I love the size, I love the camera, I love it.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Recently, I bought a certified refurbished 1520, and have been amazed at my the battery life. I'm assuming that part of the refurb was a battery replacement. Today, from 5:45 am to 12:00 noon, the battery only went from 100% to 92%. During that time, I checked email a few times, sent a few texts, and took a few pictures of my students doing an experiment in class. I am by no means a power user, but I'm still impressed. Right now at 8:58 pm, I'm sitting at 59% battery life. Makes me really love this phone all over again.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234