Flashing AT&T 1520 (RM-940) to RM-938

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are variants within RM-938 that are branded.

What does it list on your phone under Settings > extras & info > "Manufacturer Name" and (possibly more telling) "Mobile Operator?"

Mine is:
Manufacturer Name: RM-938_lta_lta_905
Mobile Operator: 000-22

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
There are variants within RM-938 that are branded.

What does it list on your phone under Settings > extras & info > "Manufacturer Name" and (possibly more telling) "Mobile Operator?"

Mine is:
Manufacturer Name: RM-938_lta_lta_905
Mobile Operator: 000-22

RM-940_nam_att_200
ATT-US

It has definitely been unlocked since I'm using T-Mobile SIM. The fact that yours is RM-938 is the difference

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I suspect AT&T firmware then. Any chance the seller could send you the unlock number. Otherwise I'd cease inputting strings. You could possibly lock up your phone and require a flash directly from a repair center (it is a partition the WDRT won't touch).

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Well you made it look so easy. Anyway, it never displayed an attempt count however, so i'm not sure it would make any kind of difference or not since it's already unlocked. But i'll stop at 4 attempts.

Just out of curiousity, what would one have to to to un-freeze the phone short of Nokia repair center (like re-flashing with Nokia suite, WPID, etc). Just to know.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a user end solution, but I'm not an advanced flasher on WP. I'm just reporting advice I've read elsewhere.

ilLogikAL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know 4g and LTE would work with the att RM-940 on TMobile's network. Im gonna switch to to tmobile after my contract's done end of this January and ask ATT for unlock code. I think they give you unlock codes so long as the contract is done and the phone is basically paid for.

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know 4g and LTE would work with the att RM-940 on TMobile's network. Im gonna switch to to tmobile after my contract's done end of this January and ask ATT for unlock code. I think they give you unlock codes so long as the contract is done and the phone is basically paid for.

Correct, they'll unlock it free of charge after contract is up. As long as you unlock band 4 in field test mode you'll have the equivalent to a retail unlocked 1520 (though running AT&T ROM... cough cough). Works perfect on T-Mobile, you don't even have to manually enter the APN's, just POOF - everything works on 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss