Audio /Speaker in Calls Dropping Out

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
My sound keep cutting out while I am in call :( The sound works great on speakerphone but as soon as I switch back to the normal earpiece it cuts out intermittently.

Music works great and earphones work fine too, It only drops sound when I make/and receive calls. It's a real pain to have a conversation when you can't hear the other person 50% of the time. Has anyone else had this issue?

If it helps I recently had a new battery and another internal battery/charging related component changed because the battery wouldn't hold a charge or charge at all for that matter. They also changed the screen and rear case which was nice :D But the sound fault was not there before I sent my phone off for repair so it could be the new audio jack on the rear case that is faulty :(

I am open to any ideas that might help me troubleshoot ;)

"EDIT"

I just got off chat from Microsoft and they advised me to take my phone to a Nokia Care Center to have them send it off for repair again.

Last edited:

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't help myself :D

I pulled the rear case from my phone and made a quick phone call to check if it was the new audio jack! The phone works perfectly with the case and rear jack removed so I am confident the audio jack causing the problem.

By the looks of it, I would guess it's either damaged either from earphones getting plugged in and out or is just faulty. It could have some dust, dirt or grime in the port that I can not clean out (I have tried) But who knows.

I am looking for either a replacement to fit myself as it's not too tricky ;) Or I may just go back to the Nokia Care Center and see how long it will take them to fix!

Does anyone know where to find genuine or good quality parts :)

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
It's the usb/microphone daughterboard module. You might be able to put some thick paper between the cable connection and the clamp to solve your problem without replacing the board.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
This is the problem part in the attachment, I have ordered a new one from ebay = Genuine Nokia Lumia 1520 Headphone Jack

In the meantime I have already done like you said and put a small piece of sellotape over the metal contacts to disable it!

And now my calls are excellent as they once were :D Let's hope the replacement works as it should do ;)

Attachments

• $_57[1].JPG
    $_57[1].JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 2

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Just to update everyone, The replacement part is working perfectly ;) No problems at all since I upgraded the earphone port.

It's simple enough to change too and you can always try the sellotape trick like I did before you go and purchase a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs