1520 back from dead

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After trying to get my 1520 to charge for the past two days I tried something I remembered when we all were having issues with the endless looping when trying to update our phones in the insider program. I got a bag of ice, placed a cloth between it and my phone and plugged up the device. After about 6 hours or so it came back to life and fully charged in a few hours. My otherwise wonderful 1520 once again was my trusty phablet and now holds a charge with no issues.

Now all I had to do was cancel my order for the 950XL and the Mozo cover I had ordered when it looked like all hope had been lost.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ooh that's pretty handy.

Why did you cancel your 950 XL order I'm sure some of the members here would have liked to snag one up in the market place :p.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Now all I had to do was cancel my order for the 950XL and the Mozo cover I had ordered when it looked like all hope had been lost.

Haha no problem there, I did that TWICE with the XL & Mozo lol... Smart move considering the issues with the XL..
Curious, why would chilling the phone while plugged in correct the issue?? Not to mention how or why someone actually thought of trying it?? :shocked:

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While normally charging the battery would get real hot and would not complete the charge. I thought I was in the clear but now it appears it will only charge if I use the "Ice Charge"...not good. I am back to deciding on the 950 XL or the 640 XL...the 640XL might be the better purchase for now due to the cost...it will be fine until the Surface Phone is available.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
While normally charging the battery would get real hot and would not complete the charge. I thought I was in the clear but now it appears it will only charge if I use the "Ice Charge"...not good. I am back to deciding on the 950 XL or the 640 XL...the 640XL might be the better purchase for now due to the cost...it will be fine until the Surface Phone is available.

I actually came to the 1520 from the 640XL. The 640XL is a decent phone but your talking about a mid-level phone vs a flagship.. The 640XL was ok but it was a just a bit to slow, camera was lacking, display wasn't nearly as nice as what I what used to(came from the Note 4) and the XL cannot do 5gHz on wifi. I too am waiting on The Surface Phone(unless some major upgrades come to the 950XL which I really doubt we'll see) so I was able to pick up a brand new 1520 for $220, sold my 640XL for $170 and I couldn't be happier, well worth the extra $50.

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The .63 update for insiders for windows 10 has fixed the battery issues on my 1520. I think I will still keep the 640 XL for back up purposes and continue to use the 1520 until Surface phone becomes available or something else comes along better than the 950XL.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The .63 update for insiders for windows 10 has fixed the battery issues on my 1520. I think I will still keep the 640 XL for back up purposes and continue to use the 1520 until Surface phone becomes available or something else comes along better than the 950XL.

Nice... Did they correct the issue with "Resuming" coming up when you tap on a incoming text on the Lock screen?? Also how is the battery life? With my 640XL battery life took a big hit going to .29 & .36 and the resuming issue drove me crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos