Phantom touch theory. If you have phantom touch, please read.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok I think I know (well it's a guess) that perhaps these phantom touches are caused by the display bending slightly. So... the big question is.... do you have this ANNOYING problem and carry your phone in your front trousers/pants pocket BUT... with the display facing INWARDS towards your body? I think when we crouch or bend at the waist, over time pressure is placed on the screen which may seperate the digitizer from the screen more. I read on here if you bend the phone slightly near the top from back to front, it can fix the problem. I did so and so far (touch wood) it has fixed the phantom touches. So because I bent the phone back to front, perhaps from now on we should ONLY place our phone in our tight front pocket with the display facing OUT - away from the body. This means if the phone was to bend over time, it would do so in a direction where the digitizer is pressed more against the screen - as it should be.

What do you guys think?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Sounds logical.. Has anyone had their screen & digitizer replaced due to phantom touch and found it cured the issue??
I actually carry my 1520 in my back pocket and have a side phone pocket designed for smartphones in my work pants, never keep it in my regular side pocket..

Calm Wishbone

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I had major issues with my 1520 with the screen shaking and becoming unresponsive after being in my pocket. A couple of things helped me and one thing cured it. If it's in your pocket, make sure the screen is facing outwards from you. If you're wearing tight-fitting jeans/trousers consider a top pocket or jacket pocket instead - makes a difference. In the end I just carried the phone in my bag (my bag goes everywhere with me) and after a day or so it settled down and never caused me any further trouble.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Sounds logical.. Has anyone had their screen & digitizer replaced due to phantom touch and found it cured the issue??
I actually carry my 1520 in my back pocket and have a side phone pocket designed for smartphones in my work pants, never keep it in my regular side pocket..
YES, approx. 10 months ago & it fixed the problem.

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 is being repaired right now. I sent it a couple of months ago and they sent it back without any repair, claiming it just needed an update (it was up to date lol). So I sent it now again insisting on the touch screen issue. Really hope they fix or replace my screen with a functional one.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Putting it in your pocket could cause the problem but I am here to tell you thats not all.....Its just a hardware isssue and design flaw that Nokia screwed everybody on. The y claimed it was a software issue but it clearly is not, it is HARDWARE and DESIGN. My father owns a 1520 and ha babied it since day 1 with a case and very light and gentle use. He has never once put the phone in his pants pocket. It is either off and stored away or either in his inside suit jacket pocket or on his belt clip. yet he has had this issue since he got the phone and changing digitizers does nothing ...soft reset does nothing ...hard reset does nothing. I have 2 other friends who have the sme issues and MS and Nokia just lie and fix or admit nothing

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Putting it in your pocket could cause the problem but I am here to tell you thats not all.....Its just a hardware isssue and design flaw that Nokia screwed everybody on. The y claimed it was a software issue but it clearly is not, it is HARDWARE and DESIGN. My father owns a 1520 and ha babied it since day 1 with a case and very light and gentle use. He has never once put the phone in his pants pocket. It is either off and stored away or either in his inside suit jacket pocket or on his belt clip. yet he has had this issue since he got the phone and changing digitizers does nothing ...soft reset does nothing ...hard reset does nothing. I have 2 other friends who have the sme issues and MS and Nokia just lie and fix or admit nothing

I beg to differ (with red (above)) ... I sent my Lumia 1520 to PALCO with phantom touch, screen freaking out issues, after I contacted them & explained the situation.
NOW, they may have done something else, BUT, claimed they replaced the digitizer assembly ... The issues were (& still are) gone, 10 + months later.
As far as battery, don't know if this helps, but, I keep mine on the charger (plugged in), whenever I'm @ my computer - work in full screen, phone provides the time via Glance ...
Battery strength seems NOT to be an issue, even when off the charger all day. With heavy usage, I come home approx. 11 hrs later with not less than 50% battery. With light usage, I've had 75% battery @ 5:00 pm (off the charger @ 6:00 am).

The phone is over 2 years old, with original battery!

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I beg to differ (with red (above)) ... I sent my Lumia 1520 to PALCO with phantom touch, screen freaking out issues, after I contacted them & explained the situation.
NOW, they may have done something else, BUT, claimed they replaced the digitizer assembly ... The issues were (& still are) gone, 10 + months later.
As far as battery, don't know if this helps, but, I keep mine on the charger (plugged in), whenever I'm @ my computer - work in full screen, phone provides the time via Glance ...
Battery strength seems NOT to be an issue, even when off the charger all day. With heavy usage, I come home approx. 11 hrs later with not less than 50% battery. With light usage, I've had 75% battery @ 5:00 pm (off the charger @ 6:00 am).

The phone is over 2 years old, with original battery!

Still makes it hardware issue and poor design!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster