Lumia 1520 and Windows 10 with Edge browser and Google access, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lumia 1520 and windows 10 with edge browser and google access

I'm fortunately or unfortunately tied into Google for my business and personal life, I love the lumia 1520 phone size and screen, I also have Windows 10 on my surface book and am able to get into chrome browser to access everything appropriately, I have researched to show that the chrome browser is not accessible on Windows phone 10 but I can also use Windows 10 and the edge browser on my surface book to get most of the Google apps I need, the question is can I do that now with the 1520 if it is able to access Windows 10 and the edge browser?

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 1520 and windows 10 with edge browser and google access

Best thing would be to try for yourself. Install preview on your 1520 and test. If it is good keep it. Otherwise revert back to 8.1.

Daniel Sellinger

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
thx for the input, however do not have a 1520 yet, was wanting To know for sure if Windows 10 is available for it and also if you know if people who have the 950 or 950 XL with Windows 10 have the edge browser, and can then appropriately access the Google apps through the edge browser as I do on my surface book?

Maybe this should be in the 950 forum, not sure, but may try if no one knows the answer in this forum.

Thanks again

dan

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

I am a google person to, been using Android for a long time. Just bought a Lumia 830 and didn't investigate this before I bought it, I miss all google apps and especially Hangouts. I haven't found a god way to make google apps work on a windows phone but hopefully some one can prove me wrong . Gmail is working in outlook so that's not an issue

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

You can use hangouts on the edge browser if you set to desktop view but in all honesty it is small. Use you can pinch and zoom but an app would be hugely better I agree. Less than perfect basically. I used to be able get into it with im+ but that does not seem to work these days either. I am surprised a third party app is not available yet.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I am a google person to, been using Android for a long time. Just bought a Lumia 830 and didn't investigate this before I bought it, I miss all google apps and especially Hangouts. I haven't found a god way to make google apps work on a windows phone but hopefully some one can prove me wrong . Gmail is working in outlook so that's not an issue

My solution would be simply switch back to an android phone as you are tied to Google environment. There is no work around until Google provides the apps.

Daniel Sellinger

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

YIKES !!, looks like i stick with an android phone, android and windows tablet and ms windows surface book pc for now....and apple ipads, ipods for my medical emr !, now all i need is a blackberry to have all the main os's !....well i guess they are android now...thx for the great feedback forum members !!

dan

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

You can use hangouts on the edge browser if you set to desktop view but in all honesty it is small. Use you can pinch and zoom but an app would be hugely better I agree. Less than perfect basically. I used to be able get into it with im+ but that does not seem to work these days either. I am surprised a third party app is not available yet.

Thanks! That was a solution, had read about it when I was on 8.1 but didn't get it to work then. Now with edge ot works, not excellent but I can check if I got a new message.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

, I have researched to show that the chrome browser is not accessible on Windows phone 10 but I can also use Windows 10 and the edge browser on my surface book to get most of the Google apps I need, the question is can I do that now with the 1520 if it is able to access Windows 10 and the edge browser?

Have you tried "Chrome to Phone" for Windows Phone?? http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=0671037f-e69b-49a6-8b0a-1204fd0c33be
I've tried Win 10 on my old 640XL and honesty will not put it on my 1520 yet, its just not ready as far as i'm concerned, 8.1 works perfectly and battery life is great but won't be with Win 10, I have Win 10 on my Surface Pro 3 tablet and saw a big drop in battery life after leaving 8.1 there also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs